In the film, the white rabbit appears in the form of a tattoo on the shoulder of a woman, who Neo follows to a club where he meets Trinity. The camera continues to zoom through the phone numbers as they appear and toward a ball of light, which, as it pans away, we see, is the flashlight of a policeman. Seconds later, his doorbell rings, and when he opens the door he finds a woman with a tattoo of a white rabbit on her shoulder. The Matrix has you. Alice encounters him again when he mistakes her for his housemaid Mary Ann and she becomes trapped in his house after growing too large. Alice in Wonderland or What's a Nice Kid Like You Doing in a Place Like This? The 1988 Czechoslovak film Alice, noted for its disturbing interpretation of Carroll's story, shows a dark stop-motion version of the character. You wake up in your bed : in the jelly tube His most notable appearance was in the episode "Clarabelle's Big Secret" when he confessed to Clarabelle Cow that "I'm not really late, and I don't really have a date. I'm sure his voice should quaver, and his knees quiver and his whole air suggest a total inability to say 'Boo' to a goose!"[1]. What about when Rabbit arrives as a Spirit, Totem, & Power Animal? The White Rabbit racing against the hands of the clock, with his head literally on the line. He is seen being grabbed by the reservation clerk Daisy Duck in the show's intro. The Matrix phenomenon is comprised of three feature-length films, a collection of animated shorts called The Animatrix, video games, books, action figures and websites. He is actually about to emerge from the rabbit hole… and boy is he in for a surprise. Wonderland Revisited and the Games Alice Played There, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Retold in Words of One Syllable, Alice in Verse: The Lost Rhymes of Wonderland, John Bull's Adventures in the Fiscal Wonderland, Alice in Blunderland: An Iridescent Dream, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=White_Rabbit&oldid=995959323, Articles with unsourced statements from August 2013, Articles containing Japanese-language text, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, The White Rabbit appeared as a banished fairy tale creature in the original Broadway musical, The White Rabbit was portrayed by Edward Staudenmayer in Frank Wildhorn's musical, There is a reference to the White Rabbit in, This page was last edited on 23 December 2020, at 19:59. In Books: The White Rabbit is a fictional character in Lewis Carroll's book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Alice follows him down the rabbit hole into Wonderland. You know, just your typical rabbit) who leads her to the rabbit hole where the adventure begins. By then, the game is afoot! Overall, the White Rabbit seems to shift back and forth between pompous behavior toward his underlings, such as his servants, and grovelling, obsequious behavior toward his superiors, such as the Duchess, and the King and Queen of Hearts, in direct contrast to Alice, who is reasonably polite to everyone she meets. He ends up spotting a snazzy white rabbit tattoo on the shoulder of a partygoer named Dujour, and, heeding Trinity's spooky instant message, he follows her. At the Mad Tea Party, the Mad Hatter and the March Hare try to "fix" his watch, proclaiming it "exactly two days slow," and eventually destroy it in their efforts to correct it. There's really no other way to say it, you'll have to read it for yourself because it's quite the trip. Switch was originally intended to be different genders in and out of the Matrix (hence the name Switch). "Wanna come along with us to a club?" Follow the white rabbit." What makes this metaphor especially interesting is that Neo is, in a way, already in Wonderland. Choi (played by Marc Gray) is assumedly a bluepill who appears in the first movie buying illegal software from Neo, for which Choi pays $2,000 in cash. Dujour had a tattoo of a white rabbit on her shoulder in The Matrix Both Hope (in Burning Hope) and Tiera (as a child in A Life Less Empty) had a white rabbit stuffed toy I think the White Rabbit should wear spectacles. The Matrix character of Morpheus, played by Laurence Fishburne, explains the difference between the two pills to Keanu Reeves' Neo. "Follow the white rabbit." The camera zooms through the Matrix code at first and then we have a monochrome monitor where we see a phone call being traced. Rabbit Symbolism & Meaning. Read on to discover the Wisdom of Rabbit and how you can make the most of the creature’s Teachings and Medicine! But how does Rabbit symbolism and meaning translate in terms of dream meaning? In the PlayStation 2 action-RPG game, Kingdom Hearts and its Game Boy Advance follow-up, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, the White Rabbit leads Sora, Donald Duck and Goofy to the Queen's palace, worried about being late. It reads "My two daughters are in the habit of saying 'Rabbits!' The White Rabbit works for the Red Queen, but is also a secret member of the Underland Underground Resistance, and was sent by the Hatter to search for Alice. I'm late! The White Rabbit made a few appearances on the Disney Channel original show, House of Mouse. What a message, eh? Alice encounters him again when he mistakes her for his housemaid Mary Ann and she becomes trapped in his house after growing too large. Michael Sheen voices the White Rabbit in the 2010 movie and the Disney film. Actor Michael Sheen stated, "The White Rabbit is such an iconic character that I didn't feel like I should break the mould too much." "Follow the white rabbit Neo" The white rabbit is also a sign of fertility, after all people don't say they **** like bunnies for no reason. If you want to "Follow the White Rabbit" on the DVD without sitting through the entire film again, I have listed 8 out of 9 of them (okay, I'm lazy. In The Matrix, the city is discussed but not seen and works mostly as a metaphor for a promised land of sorts, and a goal that makes the fighting worthwhile.The Zion in the films recalls the biblical city of Zion. Morpheus is comparing Neo's experience to the experience of Alice because of all the unbelievable things that are happening to him. Oh dear! It sits with few others as a film which evolved into a franchise. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carol's most well known book, is about a girl who travels to a…very strange place. They are playing at the feet of two pregnant women, Mary and Elizabeth. Needless to say, it has captured the imaginations of… For a very important date! You know, just your typical rabbit) who leads her to the rabbit hole where the adventure begins. Matrix 1 always got me confused at this point of the movie. Earlier Trinity tells Neo to "follow the white rabbit." In Alice in Wonderland, Alice finds Wonderland by following the a cute little white bunny (who is running through the "real world" wearing a waistcoat with a watch and worrying about his tardiness. I'm late! "You take the … He is often the straight man for other characters' zany antics; when he asks the Dodo for help on getting the "monster" (Alice) out of his house, Dodo's ultimate solution is to burn the house down, to which the White Rabbit is greatly opposed. In Lewis Carroll's own words, the White Rabbit is Alice's opposite in temperament and personality. He appears at the very beginning of the book, in chapter one, wearing a waistcoat, and muttering "Oh dear! How to find the "Follow the White Rabbits" Easter Egg in Matrix, The. Rabbits have many litters of babies throughout the spring and summer, as soon as a new litter is born, the older "babies" are sent out of the den to find homes for themselves. So the white rabbit is more than Dujour's tattoo, it's a metaphor for following one's curiosity to an impossible land. I shall be too late!" Disney's animated version of the Rabbit is perhaps best known for the little ditty he sings on his first appearance, "I'm late! And then, minutes later, the very "sign" he was told to watch for, appears on the arm of someone at his door. She is the opposite of the Architect. A contrast, distinctly. A military trench-digging machine developed by the British Royal Navy at the beginning of World War II was originally known as White Rabbit No. So the white rabbit is more than Dujour's tattoo, it's a metaphor for following one's curiosity to an impossible land. and now we're meeting this deity-like figure named Morpheus who we've only hear rumors about. Lewis Carroll started his story of a young girl’s journey to adulthood; with the juxtaposition of the effect of time on the nervous and elderly rabbit , against the exuberant … It is a message that some mystical work on your behalf is now working to your highest good. The white rabbit and his appearance to you symbolize the letting go of fears, ideas, and as a message to drop the seriousness of life. Generally, the White Rabbit plays the role of a guide; in The Matrix (1999), Neo symbolically "followed the white rabbit" to find the truth about the world around him. Was he framed on the 'Alice' lines, or meant as a contrast? He attacks using his watch and can manipulate time. As a contrast, distinctly. white rabbit One of the many mistical figures that leads you into a hole of psychological discovery. The White Rabbit is a fictional character in Lewis Carroll's 1865 book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.