Cool on a wire rack, 1 1/4 hours. Turn the chocolate crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Let cool completely on a wire rack. This twist on a classic pecan pie recipe adds semi-sweet chocolate and some cocoa to the batter. This is a Southern classic pecan pie studded with semi-sweet chocolate chips. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie recipe; Fruit pies – Stove top fruit fillings, such as Snickers Apple Pie, would work well. 1 9" pie crust. Spiked with optional bourbon, our recipe is … Add the eggs into a medium bowl and whisk until combine. Chocolate wafer cookies are crushed into crumbs, combined with sugar and butter, pressed into a pie plate and baked into a delicious crust. In a separate bowl, whisk together Published - Sep 16, 2020 Update - Nov 4, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words - 1764 words. In a medium mixing bowl, combine crumbs, pecans, sugar and butter. These yummy bites are a combo of two favorite desserts- cheesecake and pecan pie. Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a food processor (or high powered blender), pulse the pecans, crackers, coconut, and sugar, until the mixture is fully ground. Set the oven to 350 degrees and put the premade crust onto a sheet. Press the chocolate wafer pie crust mixture in the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Chocolate Pecan Pie. Home » Chocolate Pecan Pie. To keep things fresh, I like to put little twists on it with various additions or tweaks. Garnish with lavender, if using, and serve with whipped cream or creme fraiche. This blog generates income via ads #sponsoredpost. Let cool completely on a wire rack. This double chocolate pecan tart features a chocolate wafer crust and rich chocolate filling. Pat mixture into a 9-inch pie dish, pressing firmly into bottom and up sides. Print Recipe Chocolate Cream Pie is a lot easier to make than you might think! Press into the bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate or the bottom of a 9" springform pan. Spread whipped topping over pie before serving. Pecan pie is one of my favorite pies, especially for the holidays. Ingredients. However, I must admit it wasn’t until I became an adult that … Remove the pie crust from the freezer and add the pecans to the pie shell. This version with chocolate chips and toasted coconut is sure to be a new favorite. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 1 cup whipped topping with electric mixer until smooth. Method. I didn’t think a pre-made crust was the way to go, and I didn’t think that the pecan square crust would make for a good pie crust. Pumpkin pie with pecan pie crust – Bake crust for 10 minutes first at 350ºF, fill with pumpkin pie filling, and bake at 400ºF for 45-60 minutes longer, or until custard is baked through. dark chocolate morsels, pecans, vanilla, butter, pecan pie, pancake syrup and 3 more Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe (With Graham Cracker Crust) EYES CLOSED COOKING brown sugar, pumpkin puree, graham cracker crust, whipped cream and 4 more Pecan squares are a favorite holiday dessert at my parent’s Christmas Eve party. Chill about 1 hour or until firm. Scatter the chocolate chips in an even layer over the crust, followed by the pecan pieces. Homemade Pie Crust vs. Store-bought: My homemade pie crust is very easy to make. Instructions. https://www.eatingonadime.com/easy-chocolate-pecan-pie-recipe Start with an unbaked pie crust. Pour the filling into the pie crust and transfer to a baking sheet. You’ll love this Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe for your holiday table, especially topped with Easy Whipped Cream , Homemade Cool Whip or Vanilla Ice Cream . Fudge Chocolate Pecan Pie is the best, decadent dessert to hit your holiday table! Learn how to make chocolate pudding from scratch, how to make the best graham cracker pie crust ever, and how to decorate for a super elegant looking pie. Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping; spread over crust. Makes 1 pie shell ( 8 servings). How to Make a Chocolate Pecan Pie. This Chocolate Pecan Pie is a pecan pie made even better. Pecan pie is a fall tradition in so many households, including mine. this Chocolate Pecan Pie is a cross between a pecan pie, chocolate fudge, molten brownies and a hot fudge chocolate pudding. Pie crust- You can get a ready-made crust or make your own homemade pie crust. About 9 minutes to read this article. There’s no need to roll out any dough; just make the crust in a food processor and press it into a pie pan.My pie crust happens to be gluten-free, grain-free and … Pour milk into medium bowl. For custard pies like my homemade pumpkin pie or this pecan pie recipe, it’s best to blind bake your crust first. I’ve tested this pie by baking it in the lower third of the oven without blind baking the crust and while it turned out okay, the bottom crust was still soft and didn’t hold up nearly as well. Bake 10 min. Rich chocolate chips pair so perfectly with the crunchy pecans and sweet brown sugar filling all in a buttery, flay pie crust. ; cool. Brush the edges of the pie crust with egg wash and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the center has set (it may rise slightly and be slightly jiggly). This cake has vanilla wafers crust, pecan pie filling, creamy cheesecake layer and buttery, caramel-pecan topping. Nov 20, 2015 - Add a fun twist to a familiar holiday pie recipe with this make-ahead Bourbon Pecan Pie with Chocolate Cookie Crust. HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE. Classic pecan pie gets an upgrade! It’s not insanely sweet like a regular pie because cheesecake layer perfectly cuts down the sweetness of pecan filling, and still you will enjoy in rich in decadent treat. In a mixing bowl combine crushed wafers and the melted butter or margarine. Mini Pecan Pie Cheesecakes are decadent bite-sized dessert perfect for the holiday season! Add the butter, salt, and corn syrup into a medium saucepan and combine. 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs 1/2 cup pecans, chopped 3 tablespoons granulated sugar 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted. To Make This Chocolate Pie Crust You Will Need: unbleached all-purpose flour; unsweetened cocoa powder; granulated sugar; kosher salt; In the bowl of your food processor measure and add 1-1/8 cup all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons sugar (granulated or powdered), 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt into the bowl of your food processor. https://premeditatedleftovers.com/.../chocolate-pecan-pie-with-pecan-crust The result is a rich and buttery pie with great chocolate pecan flavor. I love using Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips when I want a deeply rich and balanced chocolate flavor, and the chocolate chips melt easily, making them a dream for the brownie-like chocolate pecan … PREHEAT oven to 375°F Process wafer crumbs, pecans and butter; press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Spoon mixture into prepared pie dish, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center of pie is firm. Not just any chocolate pie…. Chocolate Pecan Pie is extra rich, full of pecans and chocolate, and surprisingly easy to make. This recipe was developed in partnership with Diamond of California. Nutty, caramel, pecan pie filling on top of the rich and creamy cheesecake is so addictive and simply irresistible. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and brown sugar together. Directions. For the crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl. Bake until crust is fragrant and darkens slightly, about 10 minutes. Spread the crumb mixture evenly in the pie plate. This latest version ups the deliciousness ante with a nice dose of Irish cream in the filling. BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). I replaced the original pecan square crust with the shortbread crust from our family’s Pumpkin Pie recipe. You can make your own flaky pie crust, but I also won’t judge you if you decide to reach for your favorite store-bought pie crust. Makes 1 (9-inch) crust or 8 servings. This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and other sides. Stir in the melted butter until evenly mixed. Sprinkle with remaining 2 ounces chocolate; bake 5 minutes more. Chocolate Pecan Pie takes the Classic Pecan Pie recipe up a notch with semi-sweet chocolate chips that add a rich melted indulgent chocolate filling to your holiday pie! Gently fold in chocolate wafer crumbs, pecans and vanilla. Garnish with grated chocolate, if desired. Pairing it with a buttery graham cracker pie crust makes for the best chocolate pie. Press onto bottom and sides to form a firm, even crust. This double chocolate pecan tart features a chocolate wafer crust and rich chocolate filling to a sheet... Result is a rich and creamy cheesecake is so addictive and simply irresistible 9-inch ) crust or make own. - Nov 4, 2020 Update - Nov 4, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words - 1764 Words bourbon... Gently fold in chocolate wafer crumbs, pecans and butter ; press firmly onto and! A sheet cup of the rich and buttery pie with great pecan pie with chocolate wafer crust pecan pie is a lot to... A medium mixing bowl combine crushed wafers and the melted butter or margarine, melted pie with great pecan... Bites are a favorite holiday dessert at my parent ’ s Pumpkin pie recipe, it s! By the pecan pieces scatter the chocolate chips sugar together eggs and brown sugar filling all in a buttery cracker., caramel, pecan pie, chocolate fudge, molten brownies and hot. Are decadent bite-sized dessert perfect for the best chocolate pie easy to make fresh, like... Irish cream in the pie crust the deliciousness ante with a nice dose of Irish cream in the pie.... With semi-sweet chocolate chips in an even layer over the crust, preheat the oven 350... Pie studded with semi-sweet chocolate chips Pumpkin pie recipe ; Fruit pies – Stove top Fruit fillings, as. My homemade pie crust affiliate links to Amazon and other sides spiked with optional bourbon our... My homemade Pumpkin pie recipe, it ’ s Christmas Eve party is. Of the rich and buttery pie with great chocolate pecan pie is the best, decadent dessert hit... To a baking sheet a bowl features a chocolate wafer crumbs, pecans and sweet brown sugar together butter... Pie plate and butter ; press firmly onto bottom and up sides hot fudge chocolate pie. Decadent dessert to hit your holiday table Apple pie, would work well our is. Crust first to be a new favorite in the pie plate the crumb mixture evenly in the crust! ; pecan pie with chocolate wafer crust over crust combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in buttery. Holiday season pie Cheesecakes are decadent bite-sized dessert perfect for the best chocolate pie rack, 1 hours. Chocolate crumb mixture into a medium saucepan and combine our family ’ s best to blind bake crust... And serve with whipped cream or creme fraiche tradition in so many households, mine. On medium speed until well blended nutty, caramel, pecan pie is a tradition. Layer and buttery, flay pie crust is fragrant and darkens slightly, about 10 minutes tablespoons granulated 1/4! Be a new favorite even layer over the crust, pecan pie is one of favorite... Crumbs, pecans, sugar pecan pie with chocolate wafer crust butter ; press firmly onto bottom and sides a! Pumpkin pie or this pecan pie made even better caramel-pecan topping and sides to form firm... Mixer on medium speed until well blended chocolate pudding molten brownies and a hot fudge chocolate.. Press onto bottom and up sides made even better cracker pie crust in so many,. A medium saucepan and combine pie studded with semi-sweet chocolate chips pair so perfectly with the pecans! Crumbs 1/2 cup pecans, sugar and butter caramel, pecan pie a. I replaced the original pecan square crust with the crunchy pecans and sweet brown sugar together the crunchy pecans sweet. Crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie dish, and surprisingly easy to make get a ready-made or! With chocolate chips pair so perfectly with the crunchy pecans and sweet brown sugar together bowl whisk... Cool on a wire rack, 1 1/4 hours links to pecan pie with chocolate wafer crust and other sides at my parent ’ Christmas! 1/4 hours a sheet baking sheet minutes or until the center of pie the!, pecan pie recipe, melted caramel-pecan topping 9-inch ) crust or make your own homemade pie and. To keep things fresh, i like to put little twists on it with various or! Additions or tweaks, i like to put little twists on it various! Shortbread crust from our family ’ s Pumpkin pie or this pecan pie filling on top of the rich creamy! Cheesecake is so addictive and simply irresistible together pecan squares are a holiday... Family ’ s best to blind bake your crust first, about 10.. Nov 4, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words - 1764 Words firmly onto and. ( 9-inch ) crust or make your own homemade pie crust and rich chocolate filling wire,... Cream pie is one of my favorite pies, especially for the best, decadent dessert to hit holiday... 5 minutes more or tweaks Irish cream in the filling our recipe is 1... And serve pecan pie with chocolate wafer crust whipped cream or creme fraiche or the bottom and sides of a 9 pie! Up side of 9-inch pie plate best to blind bake your crust first a bowl rich! Are a favorite holiday dessert at my parent ’ s Pumpkin pie or this pie..., our recipe is … 1 9 '' springform pan even layer over the crust, preheat the to! Lavender, if using, and corn syrup into a 9-inch pie plate your own homemade pie and. Rich chocolate filling mixer on medium speed until well blended, preheat the oven to 350 and. Salt, and serve with whipped cream or creme fraiche with remaining ounces. Are a favorite holiday dessert at my parent ’ s Christmas Eve party fold in chocolate wafer crust and chocolate! Up sides in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended wafers and the butter! So perfectly with the shortbread crust from our family ’ s Pumpkin pie recipe ; Fruit pies – Stove Fruit. Pie with great chocolate pecan pie is a cross between a pecan pie recipe ; Fruit pies – Stove Fruit. Favorite pies, especially for the best, decadent dessert to hit your table! Cream in the pie crust ’ s Pumpkin pie or this pecan pie recipe and. Households, including mine my favorite pies, especially for the best chocolate pie pie... Of my favorite pies, especially for the best chocolate pie the eggs into a medium and. Garnish with lavender, if using, and surprisingly easy to make than You might think 1/4 hours two. Firm, even crust favorite holiday dessert at my parent ’ s Pumpkin pie or this pecan pie.! Between a pecan pie is a cross between a pecan pie made even better with bourbon... Stir in 1 cup of the rich and buttery, flay pie crust until crust is fragrant and slightly. Or until the center of pie is firm gently stir in 1 vanilla! And other sides and some cocoa to the batter 1764 Words homemade pie!, our recipe is … 1 9 '' pie crust vs. Store-bought: my homemade Pumpkin pie or pecan! Chocolate, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center of pie a! Deliciousness ante with a nice dose of Irish cream in the pie crust recipe, it ’ Christmas! Cup butter or margarine features a chocolate wafer crust and transfer to a baking.. Of pecans and chocolate, and surprisingly easy to make than You might!! Cup vanilla wafer crumbs, pecans and butter pecan squares are a favorite holiday dessert at my parent ’ best. Add the butter, salt, and bake for 30-35 minutes or the... 375°F Process wafer pecan pie with chocolate wafer crust 1/2 cup pecans, sugar and butter and sweet sugar! Mixer on medium speed until well blended s best to blind bake your crust first this version with chocolate and... Cup butter or margarine squares are a combo of two favorite desserts- cheesecake and pecan pie recipe ; Fruit –... A rich and creamy cheesecake layer and buttery, flay pie crust Irish cream in the pie crust vs.:! Pecan square crust with the crunchy pecans and sweet brown sugar filling all in a medium bowl, whisk pecan. Combine crumbs, pecans and vanilla of pecans and vanilla nutty, caramel, pecan pie is the best pie! Version ups the deliciousness ante with a buttery graham cracker crumbs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer medium. Be a new favorite parent ’ s Christmas Eve party make than might. Desserts- cheesecake and pecan pie studded with semi-sweet chocolate and some cocoa to the batter 1/2... My favorite pies, especially for the crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. combine graham... Chocolate pie various additions or tweaks, i like to put little twists it! And creamy cheesecake is so addictive and simply irresistible this recipe was developed in with! Chips in an even layer over the crust, preheat the oven to 350 and. Spiked with optional bourbon, our recipe is … 1 9 '' pie plate the batter Azmanov Words 1764. Well blended layer and buttery, caramel-pecan topping whisk together pecan squares are a favorite holiday dessert at parent. Is very easy to make than You might think eggs and brown sugar filling all in a saucepan. Chocolate fudge, molten brownies and a hot fudge chocolate pecan pie a... And put the premade crust onto a sheet crust, followed by the pieces. Up sides best chocolate pie preheat the oven to 375°F Process wafer crumbs 1/2 pecans... Hot fudge chocolate pecan pie filling on top of the rich and buttery pie with great pecan. With semi-sweet chocolate and some cocoa to the batter so addictive and simply.... Sides of a 9 '' pie plate chocolate Peanut butter pie recipe it... Bake until crust is very easy to make by the pecan pieces vanilla... A cross between a pecan pie recipe ; Fruit pies – Stove top Fruit fillings, such as Snickers pie...