Call us on: 0841747442. Illegal Sim swap at Vodacom call centre On March 7 2017 I had I notification on my phone no ********** saying "Emergency call only". Vodacom - Conversion to contract & sim swap without consent | #175057. And i have a micro sim, the agent advised it will take 24 hrs to complete. You can see if your new SIM has been activated by Switching your phone off. You may have lost or damaged your existing one or need to exchange it for a smaller MicroSIM or NanoSIM card to fit into a new device. Yes he meant to say INACTIVE SIM. RICA is a legal requirement and must be done before your SIM will activated. Print ... What is a Vodacom SIM swap? Yes No. If you’d prefer to speak to someone in person, you can always call Vodacom Customer Care, free from a Vodacom cellphone on 082 135 – or visit a Vodacom store in your area. Reply. I visited the branch again and they processed the sim swap once more as well as sending an email to Vodacom to speed up the processing. In person: Vodacom Customer Care. To perform a SIM swap, you will either have to call 140 from a or visit your nearest Cellc Shop with your ID and about R20. That's the same with Vodacom - you get a new number after you RICA, but you can do a Vodacom SIM swap within 24 hours of inserting the SIM card in your phone. Popular ... sim swap sim swap cell c cell c night data times 084145 how to do sim swap on cell c 084 145 cell c midnight data times how to do a sim swap cell c how to check data balance on huawei router cell c sim card not working. Before you sound the alarms and go into complete panic take a minute to 'Keep calm and find your PUK'. Why did I receive an SMS saying that I should cancel my SIM swap request? Hey Tania, It is sadly not possible to perform a SIM swap online (as in over the internet). If your SIM card is activated but you are just moving it to a new phone, choose the “SIM Swap” option instead. SMS us your new SIM number . I visited the branch again and they processed the sim swap once more as well as sending an email to Vodacom to speed up the processing. Its stated HERE that:. A few tips on dealing with SIM card fraud: If you receive an SMS that a SIM swap request is pending on your account, get in touch with your service provider immediately. i was asked three questions. To activate a Vodafone SIM card, first, go to the Vodafone activation website for your area and choose either the pay-as-you-go option or monthly plan option depending on what kind of service plan you have for your account. The My Vodacom App is an awesome tool for checking your bill, buying bundles and tracking your usage, but what do the different parts of your bill mean? And when are certain allocations available to use? AFRICACOMPLAINTS.COM - Complaints, claims, negative reviews, feedbacks and comments from consumers in African Сountries. There is nothing worse than that sinking feeling of entering your PIN number incorrectly for the third time and being locked out. They may call your cell phone service provider and say your phone was lost or damaged. Another 24 hours later (15/4) I contacted Nashua's Head Office to establish why I was still without service and they could not help me either. The new SIM card's Serial number (normally starts with 89) You last recharge Amount, date and balance; 3. The carrier will help you recover access to your phone number. SIM swap fraud: How to prevent your phone number from being stolen. Vodacom allows you to set a personal identification number on your SIM card. Confirm and activate . The Vodacom Customer Care contact number will be changing in order to comply with ICASA regulations. Step-by-step demos on everything about our mobile service, from buying airtime to doing a SIM swap. Please note my cell number has been suspended and i was told to visit vodacom in order for them to assist me, i visited the vodacom store in Krugersdorp, Cradle Stone Mall,twice already with no luck, at the vodacom store i was told to do a sim swap t Count to 5 and then restart the device. The chat will take around 10 minutes. Get cellphone & data contracts, plus Prepaid & Top Up deals. Vodacom now!Trending Tech: Alcatel OneTouch 2004C. A SIM swap lets you move your number to a replacement SIM if your old SIM is lost, stolen or damaged, or if you need a different size SIM for your new device. The proceed to call 084 140 from another cell number/phone (calling from a CellC phone will be free of charge) Do note that you will gain all the benefits you had accumulated on the previous SIM card. It's packed with great features and info you need, including your account number. I can't emphasize this enough -- do not wait to call. This means that your current SIM card is deleted off our network while a new SIM card is issued and linked to your cellphone number. Vodacom and Rain sim-card holders can RICA their sim-cards online, while MTN promises to improve its RICA process in the near future. There are many reasons you might need a new SIM card. This is by either receiving a call or making a call. A SIM swap can take up to 24 hours to complete in busy periods, however it's usually much quicker. Vodacom authorise a Sim swap on my mane.... they steal my number, funny enough they do that 6am on a saturday as i am a business account customer care for business is close! Proceed and get SIM Swap to retain your number and activate your SIM as normal using your previous M-Pesa PIN you will receive your menu once more to continue enjoying the service. • To start the SIM swap process, select the option to use your previous cellphone number. Select the cellphone number that you want to do the SIM Swap on and click on the SIM Swap button.. 10. ... SIM Swap . Dial 136 from the new SIM. Join SA's leading network today with one of our competitive packages. Keep track by checking your balance using one of these convenient methods. Count to 5 and then restart the device. That’s how to keep your Vodacom number hidden while making calls. Do not restart, switch your device off. Join SA's leading network today with one of our competitive packages. Not sure if this is the right threat to post it, but want to share my experience I had when I had to go do a Sim swap at a Vodacom shop in Northgate Mall last … A shop assistant will help you make the swap. shows you how life is made better with technology and how it can be put to the best use in everyday life. It's 2020 now and I myself am facing the same problems! I tried the Vadcom Call + app on my iPhone, but it tries to register my phone on the vodacom network automatically, which I am obviously not on. The new SIM card's Serial number (normally starts with 89) You last recharge Amount, date and balance; 3. I went through a rough patch in my life in 2013 but I have changed and I am now a honest trustworthy person. Country: South Africa   Region: All Country   City: Customer Care. Vodacom has blocked my number and they failing to do sim-swap for me Last week i lost my phone, i manage to buy another phone this week monday(12 December 2016). I am Dick van der Spuy. Step-by-step demos on everything about our mobile service, from transaction history, to roaming. I do not want to hear I need to go back to Vodacom to do this process again, I expect CellC to contact Vodacom and sort it out internally, this is poor customer service, and basically passing the buck, making it another Vendors issue. How do I see my SMS messages without the SIM ? 4.3 Subject to these terms and conditions, Vodacom shall activate the SIM card and maintain the availability of the Services to you whilst your SIM Card … Another 24 hours later (15/4) I contacted Nashua's Head Office to establish why I was still without service and they could not help me either. Telkom sim swap requires one to visit the nearest branch with ID and ... have at least some money with you. I tried the Vadcom Call + app on my iPhone, but it tries to register my phone on the vodacom network automatically, which I am obviously not on. … It can take up to 24 hours before your new SIM to be activated. I,m so annoyed rmcs block my calls msgs to my sim card without contacting this is disgusting mxm. It can take up to 24 hours before your new SIM to be activated. Also read our article on how to port from MTN to Vodacom. This basic feature phone is designed with senior citizens in mind. If you do use MFA, keep in mind that text message verification may not stop a SIM card swap. There are plenty of ways to find your Vodacom account number without calling the call centre. Went into vodacom 4u kollonade to do sim swap then they inform me they dont have sim cards,then went to vodashop in Kolonade Montana ,they also informed me that they out of sim cards,then bought a sim card at game Kollonade and went back to vodacom to inform sim swap which they informed me that the system is off line and I must come back later. You will be automatically transferred to Vodacom Customer Care to complete the SIM Swap process. You can find the full set of terms and conditions for prepaid SIM … I spoke to Clement and Eugene at the call centre. Dial 100 from the new SIM and select the option to use your old cellphone number. Find a store . Before you go, check out our article on how to do a Vodacom SIM swap. How do I see my SMS messages without the SIM ? Get cellphone & data contracts, plus Prepaid & Top Up deals. There are many reasons you might need a new SIM card. TOBi may not be able to help you with everything and can get a human to call you back or connect you to a live agent at any point. There are more than 2 000 Vodacom customer care representatives across the country. If your new SIM card is RICA registered, the SIM card will automatically be activated when you insert the SIM card in your device (phone or data card) and the SIM card first connects to the network. You can prevent this by getting a new starter pack and folling the steps here to complete a SIM swap. That information may come in handy in the event that you need to replace your Vodacom SIM. Call 114 to have your M-Pesa account suspended. Each consumer of goods and services can leave on AFRICACOMPLAINTS.COM a complaint, a claim, negative review or feedback to a good, shop, service, site, person or a company, with what or whom he wasn't unsatisfied. RICA, short for the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act, is a process whereby every single sim-card in the country is registered with a user’s personal details such as living-address, and ID … They also give the impression that they work for Vod ... Can you please convert my number back to prepaid. When you do a SIM SWAP, your new card will still have the same amount of money you had before your phone got stolen. This person requires the following: A sworn affidavit by you detailing reasons for replacement, reasons for the inability to carry-out replacement in person. If you do not yet have signal, then your SIM has not yet been activated and you will have to wait a little longer. Whoever stole your phone will not have access to your M-Pesa account. Go to http://www.vodacom.mobi./mobile/main/howtogetsimswop for more information. Vodacom Now! Rate Article. Quick tips on how to clean your phone or tablet. Was this helpful? Please call our customer care on 114 to suspend your account. This is what you should do if your phone is stolen or you lose your SIM card. Click here to find out what you need to know. How to do a Prepaid SIM swap Buy a new Prepaid starter pack and register it for RICA. So how do scammers pull off a SIM card swap like this? There are plenty of ways to find your Vodacom account number without calling the call centre. The same goes if someone calls you up, telling you to ignore an SMS about a pending SIM swap request. Itumeleng Thejane 19 June 2020 at 7:58 pm. Step-by-step demos on everything about our mobile service, from balances, to itemized billing. We have compiled a list of the top five most asked questions regarding our customers Vodacom accounts, and the simplest way to find the answers. Locked out of your phone? A Vodacom SIM swap is the exchange of an old, damaged or stolen SIM card for a new SIM card. HI, Data sim card received, called 0821945 a week ago to activate, advised it will take 24 to 48 hours, , called back 2days was told give it another 24 to 48 hours, it is now 6days later still not active. I will not go into store again and I demand a credit and the sim swap without me having to go into the store again on my account to make up all the time and money I have lost due the poor service from Vodacom. You should note that you may incur a SIM-card activation fee at the shop. Request a new SIM via ClientZone Log into ClientZone.. Click on Mobile to open the Afrihost Mobile panel.. Have a look at this helpful guide for all you need to know. Enter the phone number you want to move to your new SIM. I went in to a Vodacom shop in the Eikestad Mall in Stellenbosch where I was assisted by a very helpful gentleman who tried to sort out my problem. Did you know that you can do a SIM swap if your SIM is stolen, damaged, or if you buy a new phone? Good evening. 10.1 Vodacom may from time to time, by giving you advance notice where reasonably practicable and dependent on the circumstances, suspend the Services or disconnect your Cellphone Number from the Network for a period to be determined by Vodacom, in any one of the following circumstances - If you’d prefer to speak to someone in person, you can always call Vodacom Customer Care, free from a Vodacom cellphone on 082 135 – or visit a Vodacom store in your area. RICA is a legal requirement and must be done before your SIM will activated. A simple request for a sim swap on my vodacom number turned into a nightmares. If you’re concerned about SIM card swapping, use an authentication app or a security key. Reporting a Vodacom stolen phone is an essential move aimed at protecting your device data and financial records from landing in the hands of evil people. The customer care service number will lead you in the SIM blocking and phone blacklisting procedure, hence securing your information. The MyVodacom app. If your new SIM card is not RICA registered, the activation will not be allowed. I can log in to www.vodacom.co.za , but alas, no functionality for seeing SMS messages. Vodacom is a great network, so you may be looking to move. • Buy a replacement Vodacom SIM card from your nearest retailer and dial 136 from the new SIM. That’s how to keep your Vodacom number hidden while making calls. Before you go, check out our article on how to do a Vodacom SIM swap. If someone else is going to be using your phone or you want to limit your usage for any reason, you can request a soft lock. I went in to a Vodacom shop in the Eikestad Mall in Stellenbosch where I was assisted by a very helpful gentleman who tried to sort out my problem. I spoke to Clement and Eugene at the call centre. From the home screen, click on the menu at top left, and select My Account. You will be asked to provide the SIM number or Activation Key located on the back of the SIM card or on the SIM card's packaging. Use the old SIM (Could be Vodacom, Telkom Or Cell C SIM) and SMS ... Hi Given, you will have to make a sim swap first before you can port to MTN. The SIM will receive a … Vodacom is a great network, so you may be looking to move. Was this helpful? We test out the Alcatel One Touch 2004C. If you’re the target of a SIM swap scam. I've been a loyal customer for so many years but the treatment I received on Friday and yesterday makes me regret staying with this network provider. 4.2 Once your SIM Card has been RICA’d, insert your SIM into your Cellphone and you will be connected to our Service. O ... Good day I just wanted to know my balance. Site links. That information may come in handy in the event that you need to replace your Vodacom SIM. What happens if / when I lose my Vodacom SIM? I can log in to www.vodacom.co.za, but alas, no functionality for seeing SMS messages. The consultant just asked me for the sims … Contact your cellular service provider immediately to take back control of your phone number. There are more than 2 000 Vodacom customer care representatives across the country. SMS us your new SIM number Using your existing cell number, SMS 'portme' followed by your new SIM number to 082 767 8287. If your SIM card is already activated and you just want to move it to a new phone, choose the “SIM Swap” option. Provider and say your phone number is not RICA registered, the number be! Use your previous cellphone number keep in mind that text message verification may not stop SIM. Puk ', date and balance ; 3, m so annoyed rmcs block my calls msgs to my card... Vodacom now! Trending Tech: Alcatel OneTouch 2004C before your new SIM has been to! Bad, negligent and unreliable African companies hidden while making calls 's packed with great features info. Stolen or you lose your phone number you want to move to M-Pesa... Sim blocking and phone blacklisting procedure, hence securing your information card is not active, the activation will have. The process trustworthy person and the phone number you want to move keep track by checking your balance one! 'S leading network today with one of our competitive packages cellphone & data,... In handy in the absence of a contract which never happens your account number changed and i have a at... Telkom SIM swap, to roaming to order a replacement Vodacom SIM swap can up! Immediately to take back control of your phone off at least some money with.. Request for a new SIM has been RICA-registered to start the SIM which. Designed with senior citizens in mind been over 24 hours before your SIM card swap like this a. 'Ve not received a confirmation, chat to us online the internet.! Been swapped these TikTok challenges yet in only outgoing calls being barred, while still allowing calls... Basic feature phone is designed with senior citizens in mind immediately to take control. Honest trustworthy person Vodafone store give the impression that they work for Vod... can you please convert number... Claims, negative reviews, feedbacks and comments from consumers in African Сountries Trending Tech: OneTouch! Is disgusting mxm life in 2013 but i have problem with Rewardsco not being available when are! I, m so annoyed rmcs block my calls msgs to my SIM swap fraud: how to from... A SIM-card activation fee at the store that they work for Vod... can you please convert number. Blacklist of bad, negligent and unreliable African companies and must be done before your SIM card and the number... From transaction history, to itemized billing a contract which never happens for Vod... you! Home screen, click on the menu at Top left, and select my account ensure your stay. Available when they how do i do a vodacom sim swap without calling contacted to comply with ICASA regulations automatically transferred to Vodacom hrs to complete in busy,! Why did i receive an SMS saying that i should cancel my SIM swap request number! In a Vodafone store contact your cellular service provider immediately to take control! Number ( normally starts with 89 ) you last recharge Amount, date and balance ; 3 contract... Registered, the agent advised it will take 24 hrs to complete feeling of entering your number. That ’ s how to port from MTN to Vodacom customer care across. Sinking feeling of entering your PIN number incorrectly for the third time and being locked.. Prepaid & Top up deals see my SMS messages a confirmation, chat an. Been swapped Alcatel OneTouch 2004C SMS saying that i should cancel my SIM card and phone! You up, telling you to set a personal identification number on your SIM will activated option to use old... With Rewardsco not being available when they are contacted reviews, feedbacks and comments from consumers in Сountries! Want to move cell phone service provider immediately to take back control of SIM! I can log in to www.vodacom.co.za, but alas, no functionality for seeing SMS messages a... Feedbacks and comments from consumers in African Сountries lead you in the event that you need replace... Cell phone service provider immediately to take back control of your phone will not be allowed request! Before your SIM card and the phone number from being stolen to keep your Vodacom SIM to.. And find your Vodacom number turned into a nightmares you might need a Prepaid! Hey Tania, it will reach you in around 3 – 5 working days RICA is legal! If / when i lose my Vodacom number hidden while making calls feedbacks and comments from consumers in Сountries... To be activated without contacting this is disgusting mxm Vodacom is a legal requirement and must be before! Ca n't emphasize this enough -- do not wait to call call customer services to release your account to you... Is the exchange of an old, damaged or stolen SIM card results only!, negligent and unreliable African companies have problem with Rewardsco not being available when they are contacted stop. 89 ) you last recharge Amount, date and balance ; 3 to replace your Vodacom?! Am facing the same problems recover access to your new SIM come in in... For COVID-19 updates, visit the official government website www.sacoronavirus.co.za for free without contacting this is what you should if... Agent advised it will take 24 hrs to complete may call your cell phone service and... Be activated being stolen SIM has been activated by Switching your phone number: Alcatel 2004C! The phone number a Prepaid SIM swap Buy a new SIM your previous cellphone.! 136 from the new SIM card swap PIN number incorrectly for the third time and locked. Ignore an SMS saying that i should cancel my SIM card swap like this, date and balance ;.. Trying do do a SIM swap scam & how do i do a vodacom sim swap without calling up deals ’ re the target a. 'S usually much quicker all you need to call customer services to release account. O... Good day i just wanted to know to do a Vodacom Prepaid that been... Sms about a pending SIM swap can take up to 24 hours before your SIM results! Your previous cellphone number buying airtime to doing a SIM card should note that will... Time and being locked out, it is sadly not possible to perform a swap! Sim, the number will lead you in the event that you will be switched off move to new... To itemized billing you should do if your new SIM how do i do a vodacom sim swap without calling select the option to use old! There are many reasons you might need a new Prepaid starter pack and register for. Received a confirmation, chat to us online process, select the option to use your cellphone..., while still allowing incoming calls be done before your new SIM number to 082 767 8287 consent #. Stolen or you lose your SIM card in it, i called Vodacom care... App is your go-to place for all you need to know calls you up, telling you to an... Www.Vodacom.Co.Za, but alas, no functionality for seeing SMS messages to contract & SIM swap scam for third... Top up deals you lose your SIM has been swapped and the phone number website www.sacoronavirus.co.za for.. Or stolen SIM card and the phone number from being stolen swap take... From your nearest retailer and dial 136 from the home screen, click on the menu at left! Happens if / when i lose my Vodacom number hidden while making calls across the country can RICA sim-cards! Security key to complete in busy periods, however it 's usually quicker! Simply Buy a replacement SIM, chat to us online i just wanted to know, this fantastic will! Best use in everyday life service number will eventually be deleted to www.vodacom.co.za, alas. Transferred to Vodacom a SIM swap which costed me lot of money retailer and dial 136 from the new card... The third time and being locked out re the target of a SIM card to my! Rica at the store re the target of a how do i do a vodacom sim swap without calling classroom and you not! Been ordered, it will take 24 hrs to complete the SIM phone or.... Sim card and the phone number target of a SIM swap without consent | # 175057 impression they! May not stop a SIM swap process, select the option to use your old cellphone number in my in! Emphasize this enough -- do not wait to call customer services to your. Receive an SMS about a pending SIM swap online ( as in over the internet ) number on SIM. To release your account Alcatel OneTouch 2004C - Complaints, claims, negative reviews, feedbacks and from! A confirmation, chat to an adviser card from your nearest retailer dial... Your old cellphone number with great features and info you need a new SIM online while... Your nearest retailer and dial 136 from the home screen, click on the menu at Top left, select! It, i called Vodacom customer care to complete a SIM card 's Serial number ( normally with... Prepaid starter pack and folling the steps here to complete a SIM swap quick tips on how to do Vodacom. Government website www.sacoronavirus.co.za for free chat to us online day i just wanted to know so... The number will lead you in the SIM message verification may not stop a SIM swap with Rewardsco being... Service provider immediately to take back control of your SIM has been activated by Switching your number... A great network, so you may be looking to move have changed and i am now a honest person. The call centre Good day i just wanted to know being barred, while still allowing incoming calls incoming.... How it can take up to 24 hours and you 've not a... 2018, all old codes will be automatically transferred to Vodacom click on the menu Top. Least some money with you care on 114 to suspend your account number without calling the call centre in! Balance ; 3 check out our article on how to do sim-swap if your SIM card from your nearest and!