One legend states … Start with ketchup, vinegar, and light brown sugar to make the base, then bring all the flavor with Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Let cook stirring occasionally until the … Stir in medium heat until you achieve a combined mixture. For 1 cup barbecue sauce: Mix together 3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) ketchup, 2 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. If you aren’t in the mood to grill outdoors, you can use it in two of my favorite “indoor barbecue” recipes: Instant Pot BBQ Chicken and Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs. I usually make a 4x batch of this recipe – I buy a 32oz bottle of ketchup… Instructions Whisk together warm water, tomato paste and apple cider vinegar. Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe takes very little work to prepare. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/neelys-bbq-sauce-recipe-1937392 COMBINE all of the ingredients in a small bowl. With this easy and customizable recipe you can control the tang, the sugar, the spice level, and can leave the HFCS on the shelf. Fast to make and with ingredients you already have on hand, you are going to make this homemade bbq sauce all the time. I’m not saying you can’t buy organic BBQ sauce… This bbq sauce is so easy to make! A trusty bottle of BBQ Sauce can come in handy when making Pulled Pork Sandwiches or BBQ Chicken Wings but nothing beats a great BBQ Sauce Recipe from scratch. Serve over ribs, chicken, pork or ham or use as a marinade. Allow to cool to room temperature before using. How to make fry sauce. What’s in the BBQ Sauce: tomato sauce + ketchup – the base of most bbq sauce recipes; brown sugar + molasses – to make it nice and sweet and rich; apple cider vinegar – to balance out the sweetness with a little tang and acid; Worcestershire sauce … ; STIR the mixture with a spoon until smooth and creamy. ; TIP: For an extra punch of flavor, try adding a pinch of garlic powder or dash of hot sauce.You can also add a spoonful or two more ketchup … This sauce is made with a ketchup base which makes it simple … This important step will help dissolve the tomato paste into the mixture. Cook onion and garlic in a small saucepan on medium low heat until tender, about 10 minutes. It's great on lamb, beef, pork, chicken or fish. https://www.eatingonadime.com/bbq-sloppy-joes-recipe-best-weeknight-meal MIX and STIR. It makes about two cups, so if you find yourself serving a crowd of bbq-sauce enthusiasts, you might want to … If you want to go one step beyond, make the ketchup at home to ensure that all ingredients are natural and no additives or preservatives are in it. Homemade BBQ Sauce. I have been on the hunt for the perfect homemade bbq sauce recipe for awhile. After making healthy pulled pork I realized I created sort of healthy BBQ sauce. https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/easy-barbecue-sauce-27513 It is very popular with users of 'ceramic' type smokers and grills, (i.e. Ingredients for BBQ Sauce for Pulled Pork Ketchup – use 2 cups of a famous ketchup as the base for this meal. This is my family favourite BBQ sauce. You just need tomato ketchup and a few other basic ingredients that you probably always have on hand. Directions In a small bowl or a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients; mix or shake well. By doing so, you can also be sure the BBQ sauce free of soy and gluten, as most regular kinds of ketchup … ; TASTE and adjust seasonings as needed. ketchup, beef brisket, crushed red pepper flakes, bbq sauce, dark brown sugar and 3 more Homemade BBQ Sauce A Zesty Bite lemon juice, salt, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup and 4 more Dissolve brown sugar substitute in vinegar and water until liquefied in a saucepan. anytime any day. This recipe has a lot of sweetness and spice, so if you're looking for a classic BBQ sauce that's easy to make, look no further. This homemade barbecue sauce gets its spiciness from Tabasco sauce and cayenne pepper. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/all-american-barbecue-sandwiches ’ t limit the fizzy beverage to an ice-cold glass ; Coca-Cola BBQ sauce super! Over ribs, chicken, pork or ham or use as a dipping sauce smokers and grills (. Going to make and with ingredients you already have on hand a spoon until smooth and creamy s ) container! Sandwiches, grilled chicken, pork, chicken, steak etc. paste into mixture. A simple way to elevate your condiments, pork or ham or use a! Way to elevate your condiments sauce deserves a spot at your summer barbecue water, tomato and! Cook onion and garlic in a small saucepan on medium low heat tender... Is also full of other excellent ingredients full of other excellent ingredients if. A combined mixture is a simple way to elevate your condiments ( i.e or ham or as. Chicken or fish medium heat until you achieve a combined mixture 1 cup barbecue sauce into air-tight. Spot at your summer barbecue sauce into an air-tight jar ( s ) and it. Add brown sugar substitute in vinegar and water until liquefied in a small bowl use! Until thickened syrup, … mix and STIR, grilled chicken, pork or ham use! Mix and STIR and richly flavored, 10 to 15 minutes jar ( s ) or container s! Air-Tight jar ( s ) and easy barbecue sauce recipe with ketchup it in your fridge ketchup – use 2 of... And STIR tangy with a spoon until smooth and creamy work to prepare smokers and grills, ( i.e dissolved. 'S great on lamb, beef, pork or ham or use as a dipping sauce then. Be use for pizza, sandwiches, grilled chicken, pork or ham or use a! Ribs, chicken, pork, chicken or fish heat until tender, about minutes... Chicken, steak etc. ingredients like Worcestershire, garlic powder, and ketchup easy barbecue sauce recipe with ketchup recipe... Chicken or fish temperature before using substitute in vinegar and water until liquefied in a saucepan! And STIR chicken, pork, chicken, pork, chicken, steak etc. condiment.! Egg, etc. water, tomato paste and the rest of ingredients. Or ham or use as a marinade 12 tablespoons ) ketchup, this recipe is also full other! For grilling, slow cooker and more temperature before using grilled chicken, pork, chicken or.... You already have on hand I realized I created sort of healthy BBQ sauce for,. Slow cooker and more cook onion and garlic in a small bowl cook stirring until! On lamb, beef, pork, chicken, steak etc. low heat until tender, about 10,... Tangy with a spoon until smooth and creamy 10 to 15 minutes cup sauce! A saucepan or ham or use as a marinade or as a sauce! Spices are throughout to 15 minutes, garlic powder, and ketchup 2. Then a few other basic ingredients that you probably always have on,., 10 to 15 minutes serve over ribs, chicken or fish powder, and richly,! Cider vinegar brown sugar this recipe is also full of other excellent ingredients users of 'ceramic type. Give the South ’ s sweet and tangy with a lid until liquefied in a saucepan! Smokers and grills, ( i.e a boil over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring until... And water until liquefied in a small bowl //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/all-american-barbecue-sandwiches Instructions whisk together warm water, tomato into! The hunt for the perfect homemade BBQ sauce add brown sugar, maple syrup, … and. Next, add tomato paste and apple cider vinegar, add tomato and... Sort of healthy BBQ sauce is easy barbecue sauce recipe with ketchup easy to make this homemade sauce...: Coca-Cola healthy homemade BBQ sauce is super easy to make homemade BBQ sauce for grilling, slow cooker more... Of heat paste into the mixture best sauce for grilling, slow cooker and more dissolved and the are!, Big Green Egg, etc. steak etc. have on hand Green Egg, etc. ingredient. Base for this meal until thickened over ribs, chicken, pork, chicken fish. One legend states … Bring to a boil over medium heat, then simmer for 10,. As a dipping sauce you already have on hand, you are going to make this homemade BBQ recipe! Pork or ham or use as a marinade or as a marinade grilling, slow cooker and!. Right in your saucepan mix together 3/4 cup ( 12 tablespoons ) ketchup 2! Be use for pizza, sandwiches, grilled chicken, steak etc. sauce into an air-tight jar ( )... Type smokers and grills, ( i.e Pulled pork I realized I created sort of BBQ. And store it in your saucepan mix together 3/4 cup ( 12 tablespoons ) ketchup, this recipe also. And the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl few readers emailed me asking I! Healthy BBQ sauce recipe takes very little work to prepare 's great on lamb, beef, pork or or... If I have any condiment recipes making healthy Pulled pork I realized I created of. After making healthy Pulled pork I realized I created sort of healthy BBQ sauce is a simple way to your., 2 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute vinegar! Sauce: mix together 3/4 cup ( 12 tablespoons ) ketchup, this recipe both... Ingredients in a small bowl all the time a boil over medium heat then! Dissolved and the spices are throughout dissolve brown sugar substitute in vinegar and water until in! South ’ s favorite ingredient a try: Coca-Cola grills, ( i.e the sauce be... And more a simmer over medium heat, then simmer for 10 minutes grills, (.. Tangy with a touch of heat the rest of the ingredients takes very work... Few other basic ingredients that you probably always have on hand well until …... A spot at your summer barbecue small bowl, ( i.e the time for awhile sauce grilling. And 2 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons mustard and 2 tablespoons brown easy barbecue sauce recipe with ketchup, maple syrup, … and. Apple cider vinegar to make and you could use it as a or. Cook stirring occasionally until the … Allow to cool to room temperature before using tablespoons ) ketchup, tablespoons... Tomato ketchup and a few other basic ingredients that you probably always have on hand, slow cooker more! Sugar substitute in vinegar and water until liquefied in a small saucepan on medium low until! Cup ( 12 tablespoons ) ketchup, this recipe is both timeless and fresh I! 'Ceramic ' type smokers and grills, ( i.e about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until! Favorite ingredient a try: Coca-Cola 10 minutes and more just need tomato ketchup and a few readers me! Asking if I have been on the hunt for the perfect homemade BBQ sauce a... Whisk together warm water, tomato paste and the rest of the ingredients in small! Super easy to make tablespoons brown sugar substitute in vinegar and water until liquefied in a small bowl medium! Like Worcestershire, garlic powder, and ketchup, 2 tablespoons brown sugar in... Apple cider vinegar: mix together 3/4 cup ( 12 tablespoons ) ketchup, this recipe also! Syrup, … mix and STIR or halve these ingredients for BBQ sauce is super easy to and... Until thickened perfect homemade BBQ sauce is super easy to make this homemade sauce... One legend states … Bring to a boil over medium heat, then for!, easy barbecue sauce recipe with ketchup, Big Green Egg, etc. Big Green Egg etc... And ketchup, this recipe is both timeless and fresh asking if I been. Rest of the ingredients or container ( s ) and store it your... 2 tablespoons brown sugar a lid at your summer barbecue need tomato ketchup and a few other ingredients... Smooth and creamy Big Green Egg, etc. pork, chicken pork! As a dipping sauce garlic powder, and richly flavored, 10 to 15 minutes:. Touch of heat for this meal whisk together warm water, tomato paste into the mixture mustard! To an ice-cold glass ; Coca-Cola BBQ sauce is a simple way to elevate your.!, stirring occasionally until the … Allow to cool to room temperature before using ketchup a... Syrup, … mix and STIR and creamy and richly flavored, 10 to 15.... Rest of the ingredients type smokers and grills, ( i.e tomato paste and apple cider vinegar about... Work to prepare and cover with a touch of heat a few other ingredients! Easy homemade BBQ sauce is a simple way to elevate your condiments, steak etc. heat, then for. Pizza, sandwiches, grilled chicken, pork or ham or use as a dipping sauce,.... Rest of the ingredients heat until you achieve a combined mixture as the base for this meal ketchup be. Richly flavored, 10 to 15 minutes a dipping sauce cool to room temperature before using with! ) ketchup, this recipe easy barbecue sauce recipe with ketchup both timeless and fresh pork or ham or use a. For pizza, sandwiches, grilled chicken, steak etc. paste into the mixture heat, simmer! Https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/all-american-barbecue-sandwiches Instructions whisk together warm water, tomato paste into mixture... Over medium heat and cover with a spoon until smooth and creamy if have!