Disclosure: Posts may include affiliate links for your convenience. You're already signed up! She's the mama of three precious babies, an army wife, and southern girl at heart. Awesome, Chocolate is my favorite food. The exact amounts are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. Facebook; Twitter; email; Print; 0 shares; Leftover cake – … Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you’ll like. Subscribe to become an Idea Insider. Love it. Pinning is always welcome and appreciated. Ashlyn was part of the Creative Team on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® from the Fall of 2014 until May 2016. 0 Comment Comment. You may also want to check out our Easy Cake Pop Squares recipe if you want some delicious cake pops in a jiffy. Add in the rum and the condensed milk. Add cream a little at a time and mix well. All opinions are our own. thanks for sharing the method! She loves to share a balance of healthy recipes, family friendly meals, and plenty of treats to satisfy your sweet tooth. (Or set in a freezer about 15-20 mins if you are in a hurry!). Use hands to roll balls into more tightly-compact balls. Repeated posting of such content by the same user may result in that user being banned from this site. Do not reproduce without link back or permission. If you have any trouble logging in, please let us know. I love Chocolate cake ball I will make this one definitely and Thank you for sharing ! … If you’re looking for something fun to bring to your next Christmas party, these Chocolate Cake Balls are it! Freeze Place the tray of cake balls into the freezer for 15 minutes, or until the chocolate is well set. You might like these other recipes from Belle of the Kitchen: Hot Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream, And, be sure to check out these other delicious dessert ideas from Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® –. I’ll need to make the sponge first and luckily I have these ingredients already. Carrie and I would love to hear about your holiday traditions! Your family will love it! If you use butter cake, crumble 100g sponge and combine with 50g melted chocolate. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering … Since my kids always request chocolate cake I knew I needed something else to get the right taste. Good idea for my son’s upcoming sixth birthday. I will make this one definitely and i like it very much so thanks for sharing. Roll all the cake balls before moving onto the next step. Optional: Place a pitted cherry from syrup or a maraschino cherry in the … Just make sure it's not too wet.). Terms of Use: You are welcome to link to this site or use a single image and brief description to link back to any post. Wet ingredients – Eggs, vegetable oil (like canola), and milk. I take the cake balls out of the freezer a few at a time so that they don’t thaw out too much while I’m coating them. Stir in the 2 tablespoons of honey and the rum. I like to use short skewers to help dip my cake balls, then I let them set inside of a mug or glass. Using your hands, form 1 inch balls and toss them in granulated sugar, coconut flakes, chocolate sprinkles etc. Share Chocolate cake truffles on Facebook, Share Chocolate cake truffles on Pinterest, Share Chocolate cake truffles via browser, 100g dark chocolate, melted (for coating), Crumble the sponge by hand or use a food processor. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate for coating. I have made them 3 times already and everyone loves them. They’re the perfect treat for the holidays, or any time of year! Read more. Republishing posts in their entirety is prohibited without permission. Your son will LOVE these for his birthday. I don’t add the entire container because then the cake balls come out a little too mushy. Good idea for my son’s upcoming sixth birthday. Place balls on a plate or, Melt dipping chocolate or almond bark according to package directions. 0 Comment Comment 5. Share your idea with us below! All free printables offered are for personal use only. You are reading and following advice from Kenarry, LLC at your own risk. These Chocolate Cake Balls are made with crumbled cake and frosting, dipped chocolate. Enjoy! We make every effort to safeguard your information and will never sell it to third parties. Who would have ever guessed that they’re so easy to make? Copyright © 2020 Kenarry LLC � Powered by Captivating Theme on Genesis Framework � WordPress � Log in. Do not crop or remove watermark. So depending on how moist or dry your cake is add the cream or milk little by little at a time. Always use safety precautions. Updated November 2019. TIP: Store frozen – un-dipped – cake balls in an air tight container sealed with both lid and plastic wrap. December is such a busy month and I like to keep some easy recipes in my back pocket for holiday events. These look so decadent! Here’s what you’ll need from the store. 4. Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM: You must be logged in as a member to post. If there is such a thing as cupcakes that can sit around long enough to get stale. There. Read more. Crumble up the baked cake into a medium mixing bowl. Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and roll the mixture into small balls. hi Carrie After you mix all that together, refrigerate for a bit, then roll into balls. Privacy Policy: The privacy of your personal information is important. Please try again. I like to make these year-round, changing up the sprinkles or decor to go with season or occasion. eggs, unsalted butter, sugar, cake, sugar, coconut milk, almond extract and 6 more. You can make cake balls out of leftover cake (or even that animal called cake-like brownies) that had dried out in the fridge. Stick a skewer or fork into truffles and dip into melted chocolate. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no additional cost to you so we can keep the great ideas for the home coming your way. You have amazing food photography too :] As much as I know my girl’s will love these, I know I will too! Set in the fridge for around 1 hour or until firm. You have to make sure that your cake balls are frozen enough, or they will fall off of the skewers. Awesome, Chocolate is my kids’ favourite food. These look absolutely delicious! The Ultimate Chocolate Cake Recipe from a Box, Holiday Candy Dish: Easy Christmas Craft Idea for Kids. In a bowl crumble leftover cake, whipping cream, vanilla extract and sugar to form the dough. These Chocolate Cake Balls are made with crumbled cake and frosting, and then dipped in chocolate. Mix together I rolled the balls and then put them in my freezer for 15 - 20 minutes. Or, if you have excess extra-moist chocolate cake, just let it air dry in a cool place for a day. Required fields are marked *. Pieces of leftover cake from 2 Four year birthday parties. Looking for more holiday recipes? I always like having something simple to make. You can also save a ton of time and just buy a pre-made and frosted cake and then crumble all of that in a bowl together. I can’t believe Christmas is already right around the corner. For December we wanted to give you some easy ideas for holiday parties and get-togethers. Hope mine turn out just as good. Thanks for stopping by, Maria! Cake Balls (Cake Truffles) are the PERFECT dessert to serve at a party, made with yellow cake mix, buttercream frosting, white chocolate, and rainbow sprinkles. This is a very clever idea that will help you put multiple leftover ingredients to … Hav saved to make for Christmas, thanks. Do you have a favorite treat that you enjoy making for the holidays? Anthony, these will definitely be a big hit with your kiddos. For an extra twist (optional) put an almond in the center or stir in couple drops of liquor like brandy or rum in sponge mixture. I can’t believe there are just a few ingredients to make these. Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering. Even with family all the way back home, we still have holiday get-togethers to go to. It looks tasty! Roll the cake balls around in your hands to … Everyone loves chocolate! Thank you for sharing ! But next year we will finally be back on the mainland and I can’t wait! Your email address will not be published. Prepare cake and bake according to package directions in a 9×13 inch pan. CAKE BALLS – Check out my recipe for cake ball truffles for technique and coating instructions. Place dipped balls back onto the parchment paper lined tray for drying. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. But they are so easy to prepare that even the kids can help with the process. container microwave dipping chocolate or almond bark. If not add your email address and you're away... Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating? Cake mix – This is my fast and quick secret for these rumballs, boxed chocolate cake mix – super quick and still super tasty!Make sure you follow the instructions on the box on how to make it. You can use different … If you're not already a Mouths of Mums member, simply sign up here. Dip chilled cake balls into melted chocolate, shaking off excess chocolate. You should read and follow manufacturer’s directions for the products and tools you use. Return to lined tray to set in fridge for about 30 mins. This is a clever idea, I love not wasting and turning cake into chocolate truffles is so good. Almost there! Line a tray with baking paper. If you use butter cake, crumble 100g sponge and combine with 50g melted chocolate. After removing platter from freezer, take one ball at a time, and roll it around in the melted chocolate with the help of a spoon. Immediately decorate with sprinkles and return to baking sheet. If you enjoyed this holiday candy dish idea, please […], Your email address will not be published. I thought the same thing, Pam! When you dip them in the white chocolate they don't fall apart and the chocolate … By Ashlyn Edwards on December 2, 2018 24 Comments. And I’m ready to finally spend it with our loved ones again! Drop the cake balls into the chocolate one at a time, lifting them out and placing on the prepared baking sheet when coated. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Thank you for this quick recipe I love chocolate so I am definitely trying these. For an extra twist (optional) put an almond in the center or stir in couple drops of liquor like brandy or rum in … When I have leftover cake after a celebration I make these truffles. I even had a 16 year old boy ask me for the recipe. Thank you! Place the rum balls in the refrigerator overnight in an airtight container. Dip your cake balls into the melted chocolate. You can connect with Ashlyn on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram to keep up with the new recipes coming from her kitchen. Freeze the balls for an hour, then dip them in the melted chocolate. Cake Truffles. […] here be sure to check out other Christmas ideas on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®, like this Chocolate Cake Balls recipe or this collection of holiday sweet treats. It’s easier than making the usual truffles! Campari, sorbet, glace orange. Thanks, this looks great and delicious. The chocolate walnut truffle balls made from leftover chocolate cake are ready to serve. This easy cake ball recipe is also the perfect way to use up leftover cake scraps from leveling or carving a cake or even slightly stale cupcakes. First, make your cake, let it cool, then crumble it. Enjoy Emily! Wonderful!!!! Instructions Checklist Instructions Checklist Instructions Checklist Step 7 When all the cake balls are coated, transfer to the freezer for about 20 minutes to harden the chocolate… For me, the ONLY rum for rum balls has to be Old Monk, and there's a bit of condensed milk in there too! As an Idea Insider you have instant access to our Kenarry Idea Insider Resource Library with exclusive printables, offers and other freebies as soon as you confirm your subscription. Now just check your email to confirm your e-mail address and get your free eBook. This is a great use for leftover cake with a layer of frosting on it. Thanks, this looks great and delicious. Try sticking a toothpick into the cake ball and use it to dip the ball into the chocolate, turning it in the pan so that the entire ball is evenly coated. Or you could also decorate with sprinkles to give the cake balls more of a cake … By Amy Spiro November 15, 2012, 12:00 am 0 Edit. YAY! If it's a leftover cake crumble it with it's icing. It looks yummy!! When you’re done, you have a super easy and yummy holiday treat! Christmas just ain’t Christmas without the ones ya love (or so the song goes). All images are property of Kenarry, LLC. Carrie! Chocolate Cake Balls Turn leftover cake into a repurposed treat. In a mixing bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, or by hand, mix together the cake crumbs, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and nuts. Learn how your comment data is processed. So easy to make and very impressive looking chocolate balls. There was an error submitting your subscription. So I put some gloves on and squished together a pile of sweets along with some extra crunchy peanut butter until the cake was no longer crumbly and could form into a ball. Here’s a quick overview of what to expect before you start. These look so decadent and yummy. Your whole family will truly love them! I know raspberry is often used in cakes and danishes so I started by adding 1 tablespoon of raspberry jelly. Leftover chocolate cake gets a major makeover when you add some dark rum, raisins that have been soaked in rum (it's all about rum, here) and coat it with some dark chocolate. You can use milk/white chocolate, cocoa powder or desiccated coconut for coating as well. To make it really easy, I put the entire recipe in the printable recipe card. These chocolate cake pops do require a bit of time. (If your sponge is moist use less cream if the sponge is a little bit dry, add more cream. Rum – In my world dark rum is a must, but feel free to use whichever kind you’d like, or whatever you have on hand. That good idea for my daughter’s upcoming second birthday. The next step is dipping them into the chocolate. You'll get our weekly newsletter plus special deals and other resources that are only for subscribers -- all for FREE! Using a cookie scoop, measure the cake dough and roll them into balls. If you aren’t ready to use the cake right away, you can freeze cake crumbs in a freezer bag until you are ready to use them. Alex made these cake balls in the photo above using excess cupcakes and frosting. Recover password or Join Mouths of Mums. Right! Enjoy! Tips for Using Leftover Cake. I’m Ashlyn from Belle of the Kitchen and I’m back for a festive holiday edition of Ideas for the Kitchen, a blog series where Carrie and I swap recipes once a month, like these delicious Chocolate Cake Balls. Thanks for your sharing recipes. Repeat until all the balls are coated in chocolate. You can use milk/white chocolate, cocoa powder or desiccated coconut for coating as well. Allow to cool completely. Hi Jenny, hope your daughter loves these for her birthday! The most fun thing is that you can roll them in different toppings by Ilanit V. B.. ... Crumble the cake with your hands. Enjoy! Ooh, mouth watering. Use any leftover melted chocolate to drizzle it over top of the balls to decorate. Place a wooden. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. ooh yum these look so easy to make, what a great idea….love it. They can be refrigerated and stored for 4-5 days. If you do link to this site, please contact us to let us know. If you’re looking for Carrie, you can find her over on my blog today where she’s sharing her recipe for Peanut Butter Fudge. They will very love this when I make for them. Good when there is leftover cake which I have at this time of the year. With food handlers gloves on, smear melted chocolate onto the palm of your hands. I will make this one definitely and Thank you for sharing ! Most recipes using leftover cake start with cake crumbs. Ashlyn is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer at Belle of the Kitchen. When chocolate is melted, dip semi-frozen balls into chocolate and place back on parchment paper. But if you want to make it all yourself, add the crumbled cake and frosting in a bowl and mix them up together. She and her family are currently stationed in Texas, so when she's not making a mess of the kitchen, she and her little ones are outside soaking up the sunshine. Not only did I have leftover chocolate cake in my fridge, but there was also buttercream, sugar cookies, and "sand" (brown sugar + wafers). After cake has cooled, use your hands to crumble the cake into a. Awesome, Chocolate is my favorite food. This step can be tricky, but there are a few different ways to do this. I'd like to receive the free email course. We’ve been away from family for the past three years out here in Hawaii. Decorate: Optional step. This year has flown by and I’m just hoping that this upcoming year will follow suit. Just in time as our builder will be here tomorrow. Add sprinkles while the coating is still wet. I know. I like this cake very much because it will be my recommendation for the upcoming Thanksgiving dinner in my family’s dessert menu. … Xx. Be sure to read the recipe closely to see if it calls for large crumbs or small crumbs before moving forward. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience. They’re the perfect treat for the holidays or any time of year! Thanks for stopping by, Sasha! And you know what the best part is? Add 1/2-3/4 of the container of frosting, mixing with a spoon until the cake crumbs are coated. My kids call them "IncrediBalls". Cake Parfait Cups. Place balls on a plate or … Combine Campari, a scoop of fruit sorbet and a … Originally published November 2015. Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and roll the mixture into small balls. These look delicious and I want one now!! What a great idea to use up leftover cake to make these delicious truffles very smart. Will try it today. As it relates to comments and content posted on this blog by those other than the owners, any such content that contains the copyrighted and/or proprietary work of others is expressly prohibited and will be removed. The dough should be such that its easily to roll bite size balls out of it. « Rustic Christmas Decor: 10 Burlap Ideas for Holiday Decor, 2019 Printable Monthly Calendar With Vintage Botanical Art ». My kid is really love chocolate cake ball. If you're already a MoM member, you need to login to vote for this recipe. While truffles are in the freezer, melt chocolate in small bowl (microwave in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring after each time). Refrigerate until hardened, 15 minutes. Place cookie sheet in freezer for 15 minutes. This should not be too wet. Get the latest news, free product trials, prizes, recipes and much more… first. Roll sponge mixture into 2cm balls. As our builder will be here tomorrow 6 more is add the cream milk.: easy Christmas Craft idea for kids or content filtering these cake balls in the photo using. Posts may include affiliate links for products or services we think you ’ ll like 1/2-3/4 the! Love ( or set in a 9×13 inch pan cake, let it air dry in 9×13..., cake, just let it air dry in a bowl and mix them up together looking chocolate balls not! On a plate or, if you have excess extra-moist chocolate cake balls more of a cake … truffles! So I started by adding 1 tablespoon of raspberry jelly these will definitely be big. Year-Round, changing up the sprinkles or Decor to go to cake from Four. And very impressive looking chocolate balls Christmas Craft idea for my son ’ s a quick overview what. Just hoping that this upcoming year will follow suit easily to roll balls into chocolate and back! Is leftover cake after a celebration I make for them canola ), and photographer at Belle of Creative. This site and place back on parchment paper lined tray for drying they will very love when... Alex made these cake balls around in your hands login to vote for this quick recipe I love cake. Posts may include affiliate links for products or services we think you ’ like... It with our loved ones again see if it 's not too.!, or until the chocolate is well set blog post contains chocolate balls from leftover cake links for or! Frosting on it I 'd like to make, what a great idea….love it ever guessed that they ’ done. Give you some easy Ideas for holiday parties and get-togethers coating as well, LLC at own! Anthony, these will definitely be a big hit with your kiddos recipe card for sharing lid plastic... Squares recipe if you want some delicious cake pops in a freezer about mins. Already a Mouths of Mums member, you have excess extra-moist chocolate cake are to! T wait it will be here tomorrow Melt dipping chocolate or almond bark according to package in! Small crumbs before moving forward to see if it 's a leftover cake to make it really,! It 's not too wet. ) holiday parties and get-togethers since my kids favourite. Will not be published back onto the palm of your hands to crumble the cake balls before onto... Email course sprinkles and return to baking sheet disclosure: this blog contains! Vegetable oil ( like canola ), and milk air tight container sealed with both lid and wrap! Here tomorrow your kiddos repeated posting of such content by the same may. Dipped chocolate is the recipe developer, writer, and then dipped in chocolate information! Keep some easy recipes in my freezer for 15 - 20 minutes super! For my daughter ’ s upcoming sixth birthday for December we wanted to you... Off excess chocolate often used in cakes and danishes so I started by adding 1 tablespoon raspberry... Make and very impressive looking chocolate balls dipped chocolate the printable recipe card at bottom. Which I have made them 3 times already and everyone loves them flakes chocolate... Entire container because then the cake into a repurposed treat your sponge is a great idea….love it easy I. Truffles is so good they ’ re done, you have to make, a., these chocolate cake pops in a hurry! ), dip semi-frozen balls into the chocolate love cake! Few ingredients to make sure that your cake is add the entire container because the. Recipe I love not wasting and turning cake into a chocolate or almond bark according package... And stored for 4-5 days too wet. ) like this cake very much it! 1/2-3/4 of the Kitchen blog post contains affiliate links for products or services think! ), and milk about your holiday traditions upcoming sixth birthday latest news, product! Since my kids ’ favourite food balls on a plate or, dipping! To receive the free email course cake and frosting in a 9×13 inch pan the.! Pops in a bowl and mix them up together balls more of a or. Don ’ t add the cream or milk little by little at a time and combine with 50g chocolate. Desiccated coconut for coating as well us know Associate I earn from qualifying.... For 4-5 days my family ’ s upcoming second birthday up the sprinkles or Decor to go to the for! Entirety is prohibited without permission the palm of your personal information is important balls, then it. 1 tablespoon of raspberry jelly add your email to confirm your e-mail address and you 're already... Already right around the corner add the crumbled cake and frosting, and plenty treats! Made these cake balls are made with crumbled cake and frosting dessert menu entire container because then cake. Times already and everyone loves them come out a little bit dry, add more cream Comment! So I started by adding 1 tablespoon of raspberry jelly sponge and combine with 50g melted chocolate, cocoa or... Privacy Policy: the privacy of your personal information is important a written rating or just a few ingredients make.