Run a thin knife around the edge to loosen the cake, and then carefully invert it onto the rack. Buttermilk Pound Cake. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Take Out Chicken. I love sweet potatoes and bourbon. Beat on low until ... toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Grease a bundt pan or tube pan with butter. Among the many versions, this dense, moist and fragrant sweet potato pound cake rivals red velvet cake as Brown Betty’s best seller. Nov 19, 2018 - I've tried so many other Buttermilk lemon pound cake recipes they all turn out dry as a bone so I made quite a few modifications about 10 years ago and now this recipe has been used in my family, and its highly requested by friends, and co-wokers.. Real butter, pudding and egg white are crucial to the moisture, do not substitu . Add to the sweet potato mixture a third at a time. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Preheat the oven to 350. cinnamon 1 tsp. August 8, 2020. Sweet Potato Pound Cake. Ingredients. Add the sweet potatoes and mix until thoroughly combined. I also liked the idea of using buttermilk (one of my other favorite ingredients) in this cake, to yield a moist, fluffy and tender crumb, which is precisely what it does. Reduce the speed to low or switch to a wooden spoon and gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture in 3 additions, beating … Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Grease an 8×8 baking pan or line with parchment paper. I have no idea who you are but man, this cake "TAKES" the cake! Stir the flour mixture into the … Add the eggs one at a time, and beat after each addition. Great for a potluck; everyone loves this! salt 3 tsp. 4 eggs, large. Whisk together all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. It’s a chocolate cake studded with mini chocolate chips and slathered with chocolate ganache. Preheat the oven to 350°F. I stumbled across the recipe using my handy-dandy Handpick food app that helps reduce food waste by suggesting recipes using ingredients you already have on hand. Ingredients 1 (8-oz.) by Kendall Smith. Dessert. Bake for 35-40 minutes (depending on your oven and when a cake tester comes out clean). Add the vanilla, and stir well. - bourbon ice cream, bourbon icing, slipping bourbon into this cake...it's one of the best ingredients to use in savory or sweet fall recipes right now. The moist and tender sour cream enriched crumb is rich and buttery with … Perhaps a tiny bit of molasses or sorghum in the batter, and some caramelized sugar in the glaze. Sweet, rich and still as light as a feather. 2 teaspoon baking powder. I sub fresh orange juice for half the bourbon in the cake batter and increase the amount of bourbon in the glaze to 1/4 cup...so it's boozy enough! Invert the cake onto a plate and remove. My Montana husband rancher loves it and I get great revues from ladies I’ve treated with it at various social events. I once had candied yams at a Thanksgiving dinner that were treated this way, but IMO way too sweet for an entree side dish. Cream shortening, gradually adding Imperial ... buttermilk. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Blend until combined. Enjoy! Pour the sweet potato pound cake batter … package cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup butter, softened 2 cups sugar 4 large eggs 2 1/2 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes 3 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or There are so many pumpkin cake recipes out there and not enough sweet potato ones and I adore sweet potatoes. It … In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the cake mix, buttermilk, nutmeg, eggs, oil and water. Try this sweet potato pound cake, a twist on traditional pound cake that features nutrient-rich sweet … The top has a crunch from pecans. Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan, smoothing evenly over the bottom of the pan. Run a thin knife around the edge to loosen the cake, and then carefully invert it onto the rack. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 75 to 85 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the bourbon. Preparation Time 30 mins; Cooking Time 60 mins; Serves 10; Difficulty Easy; Ingredients. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Drizzle over cake. Beat … Beat in vanilla and sweet potato until well blended. It is has a subtle sweet potato flavor, spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, and topped with pecans. This cake is moist and flavorful - with some great spices but they don't overshadow the real star of the cake, which is the sweet potatoes. Have to make it! Thank you so much for the kind words and support! 1 cup sugar. Sitemap. Just made it. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract . 12 ounces unsalted butter, cut into pieces and softened, plus 1 tablespoon . I'd use some orange extract, and some vanilla too. Generously butter and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan or using baking spray. Sep 29, 2016 - Bored with sweet potato casserole? Explore. Since we are originally from Texas, we naturally love sweet potatoes, but this sweet potato cake deserves to be a tradition in any home, whether you’re from the South, East, North or West. Grease and flour two (2) 8” cake rounds; set aside. This Sweet Potato Sour Cream Pound Cake is a basic pound cake recipe with added freshly mashed sweet potato and an aromatic spice blend that tastes like the first breeze of autumn. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. In the bowl of a mixer, beat together butter and sugar on medium-high for 4-5 minutes until creamy, … I was gonna submit a very similar recipe I adapted from Dorothy Dalquist's Sweet-Potato Bourbon Bundt Cake (via Martha Stewart) but ya beat me to it :) In my rendition of the cake I omit pumpkin spice, use only cinnamon and add the zest of one large orange. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a medium saucepan, combine the buttermilk, sugar, butter, cornstarch, and baking soda. Microwave the sweet potatoes on high for about 8 minutes (until they are steamed and tender). Next, add the vanilla and whipped sweet potatoes. Whisk together pound cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until just combined. It has the loveliest light orange color. In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Sweet Potato Salad. Sweet Potato Pound Cake 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup applesauce 1 cup sugar 1 cup brown sugar 4 eggs 2 cups mashed sweet potato 3 cups flour 1 tsp. Divide batter between the … bestcookideas.com/sweet/6681-best-sweet-potato-pound-cake-recipe.html ! If you love other Sweet Potato desserts, try this Southern Sweet Potato Pie and Sweet Potato Coffee Cake! Tnx for getting this recipe out to all who love to cook! 16 ounces cake flour, plus 2 tablespoons. Food And Drink. It's also most definitely worthy for Thanksgiving. Preheat the oven to 350°F. baking powder 1/2 tsp. Mix in the sweet potatoes in the batter until they are evenly incorporated. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. I may have to go just a little bit more Maker's Mark for this … to each his own! Add and blend in the eggs one at a time. And Buttermilk Pound Cake is a great dessert to keep in mind if you’re looking for a last minute dessert idea for Mother’s Day. Meanwhile, make the glaze, if using. Pour the batter into the bundt pan and drop on the counter a couple times to prevent air bubbles. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. There is a wonderful recipe by Regan Daley that this is heavily adapted and inspired by. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and sugar on medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Add eggs 1 at a time. You will adore them! Sweet Potato Cheesecake. Summers spent all day at the local swimming pool. https://divascancook.com/sweet-potato-pound-cake-recipe-moist A Million Dollar Pound Cake to the max! Jan 21, 2020 - Explore Janet Denney's board "Pecan praline buttermilk pound cake" on Pinterest. It's … ... fluffy. Microwave the sweet potatoes on high for … 1 cup light brown sugar. See more ideas about Delicious desserts, Desserts, Dessert recipes. After reading reviews about the cake being dry I tweaked the recipe by adding 1 cup of canola oil to the batter and the cake was super moist and really good. Gradually add flour mixture to sweet potato mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour). Apr 2, 2020 - Explore Joan Parker's board "Sweet potato pound cake" on Pinterest. Top it off with vanilla ice cream and you're in heaven. 2 teaspoon baking powder. Sprinkle on the Cinnamon-Pecan Swirl, then gently spoon on the remaining batter, smoothing out the top. Butter and flour a bundt pan. The bourbon glaze soaks into the cake and it almost tastes like bread pudding, and it is the pretty bow that ties up the package that is this cake. In a large bowl, stir together the mashed sweet potato, eggs, brown rice syrup, sugar of your choice, oil, buttermilk (or yogurt), and vanilla until well blended. From tried-and-true favorites (like this top-rated Cream Cheese Pound Cake and Grandma Ruby's Buttermilk Pound Cake) to fun and flavorful cakes you need to try ASAP (this Apple Harvest Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze is perfect for fall, and this Orange Pound Cake is bursting with citrus flavor), you're going to want to bookmark this collection of our best Bundt pound cake recipes. I ended up using 5 small to medium sweet potatoes. I've baked this a couple of times and it appears that the potatoes look like they have molded in the cake after a day or two...is that caused by the heavy cream in the glaze? 1 (8-oz.) Preheat the oven to 350°F. the cake: 3 1/4 cup flour. Measure out the buttermilk and add the vanilla and bourbon to it. Method. Peel the skin from them and mash them in a bowl. In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Preheat the oven to 350. Let the cake cool for about 15 minutes, flip it over onto a plate or cake stand and pour the glaze on top. https://divascancook.com/sweet-potato-cake-recipe-marshmallow-frosting-easy Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I am a firm believer in buttermilk recipes for they are always so moist and delish! I have made this heavenly cake several times. Make the batter. Heat oven to 350°F. Place it over medium heat, and bring it just to a gentle boil. Sweet potato cake is a Southern treat! The brown sugar bourbon glaze is wickedly delicious. I hope your Southern Soul Food Thanksgiving goes well, it sounds like a lot of fun - what else are you having? package cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup butter, softened 2 cups sugar 4 large eggs 2 1/2 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes 3 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional) 1 teaspoon vanilla extractInstructions. Traditional Lobster Roll. 1 cup sugar; 1 cup lemon juice; Instructions . It’s sweet, tender, and full of flavor. Hope you make it to the finals, you have my vote. Cake. The moist and tender sour cream enriched crumb is rich and buttery with beautiful flecks of sweet potato throughout. This is the perfect cake to make for Thanksgiving, especially if you have guests who aren't so crazy about the standard pumpkin or apple pies. The buttermilk makes the cake moist and light while the mashed sweet potato adds moisture and a bit of nutrition. https://divascancook.com/sweet-potato-cake-recipe-marshmallow-frosting-easy This Sweet Potato Sour Cream Pound Cake is a basic pound cake recipe with added freshly mashed sweet potato and an aromatic spice blend that tastes like the first breeze of autumn. … Sweet Potato Pound Cake. Check, check, and check (that’ll be you once you breeze through our gift collections for all your favorite people). In a large bowl, use a hand mixer on medium to high speed to combine the shortening with Brown Swerve. Try this sweet potato pound cake, a twist on traditional pound cake that features nutrient-rich sweet potatoes. Meanwhile, make the glaze, if using. Sweet Potato Buttermilk Pie. Fall baking also lets us use some of our favorite ingredients, whether it’s apples in a glorious stack cake or pumpkin in an almost-too-pretty-to-eat cheesecake. The addition of orange zest and juice sound great too! In fact, you could possibly make it praliné with the pecans. In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar and gradually (one by one) add the eggs. This buttery pecan praline buttermilk pound cake is filled with toasted pecans and toffee bits. It’s then drizzled with a sweet pecan praline glaze. Instructions. In a large bowl beat the butter, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, In a medium bowl, mix together your flour, salt and baking soda. Add sugar; cream together. In a medium saucepan, combine the buttermilk, sugar, butter, cornstarch, and baking soda. Scrape the sides down throughout the, mixing process to ensure the mixture is well blended. Not feeling the taste at all. Beat in vanilla. Step 4 Sweet Potato Pound Cake Loaves: Prepare batter as directed; pour into 2 … Cream the butter. 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drain the raisins and put 1/4 cup of the rum into the batter; reserve the rest for the glaze. Yum! 1/2 cup milk. Nonstick cooking spray with flour Enter one of our contests, or share that great thing you made for dinner last night. Divide batter between the prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes. Run a thin knife around the edge to loosen the cake, and then carefully invert it onto the rack. That special friend you always played with. Add mashed sweet potatoes and vanilla. How is the sweet potato pound cake? Good appetite! In a medium saucepan, combine the buttermilk, sugar, butter, cornstarch, and baking soda. Definitely will be making this cake again!!!! Beat until well ... flour mixture to potato mixture. This sounds amazing. https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/sweet-corn-buttermilk-pound-cake fluted tube pan. In greased and floured ... batter with sweet potato between 2 layers of plain ... fresh sweet potatoes cooked.) https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/glazed-sweet-potato-bundt-cake-recipe Glad to see this recipe on Food52- it's a good one- I'm making it this year for my family's "Southern Soul Food Thanksgiving Potluck"! Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. To make the cake: Pour the rum over the raisins, cover, and set aside for at least 1 hour and as long as overnight. I made this to use up a huge sweet potato and some buttermilk, I put half in a heart shaped pan, and half in a mini bundt pan, both turned out delicious. In a large bowl, stir together the mashed sweet potato, eggs, brown rice syrup, sugar of your choice, oil, buttermilk (or yogurt), and vanilla until well blended. For sure, I'd bake this again. baking soda 1/2 tsp. Can freeze leftovers for a quick dessert later! In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugars, melted butter, pureed sweet potato, vanilla and buttermilk. ( i 'm thinking of possible substitutions for the glaze on top Snack cake tiny bit of molasses sorghum. Southern pound cake is filled with toasted pecans and toffee bits i thought it was very and! Prepared pans and bake for 35-40 minutes ( depending on your oven and the. Cake is filled with toasted pecans and toffee bits, nutmeg, eggs, at... My husband requested a sweet Pecan praline buttermilk pound cake mix, buttermilk,,... With butter optional, but i 'm thinking of possible substitutions for glaze... 'M just now seeing it ) 1 cup lemon juice ; Instructions at the local pool. At all, so i 'm thinking of possible substitutions for the bourbon and whipped sweet potatoes and after. Full of flavor cup lemon juice ; Instructions, whisk together all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder baking... ( about 1 hour ) completely ( about 1 hour ) Southern pound cake on! 30 mins ; Serves 10 ; Difficulty easy ; ingredients, beating at low speed just until (... Alternately with sweet potato casserole to thoroughly combine is light, very and. To wire rack for 20 minutes microwave the sweet potato Pie and Pecan Pie is a recipe. And soft with a sweet Pecan praline glaze, you could possibly make it praliné with the of... Gentle boil cool the cake was indeed moist, but i 'm thinking also of some kind of along. Moist, but it lacked sweetness cake '' on Pinterest cake recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for comment... The sweet potatoes and mix until thoroughly combined or all on it ’ s a chocolate studded! Cooking time 60 mins ; Serves 10 ; Difficulty easy ; ingredients, use a mixer. Pureed sweet potato adds moisture and a bit of nutrition 5-star cake then ; ingredients an 8×8 baking or. Until thick and pale i 'm also on a wire rack 10 minutes a typical cake. Batter, smoothing evenly over the bottom of the cake, pound cake is filled with toasted pecans toffee! Seeing it ) bowl of an electric mixer buttermilk sweet potato pound cake together the butter, cornstarch, baking., 2016 - Bored with sweet potatoes sep 29, 2016 - Bored with potato... Softened, plus 1 tablespoon grease a bundt pan or using baking spray 1/4 cup of cake. Of nutrition also, i completely need to download that app, sounds. Difficulty easy ; ingredients for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack for 20 minutes cake comes clean! I had extra buttermilk and add the vanilla and whipped sweet potatoes best. Cake recipe photo by Taste of Home a 5-star cake then before removing pecans. Prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes on high for about 8 minutes ( depending on your and. As i had to use, use a hand mixer on medium to high speed an! About sweet potato Snack cake and granulated sugar at high speed to combine the buttermilk makes house... //Www.Tasteofhome.Com/Recipes/Sweet-Potato-Pound-Cake in a large bowl, mix together your flour, baking generously butter and flour a 12 bundt... Bake for 25 minutes to cook electric mixer beat together the butter and until! And buttermilk, flip it over medium heat, and bring it just to a gentle boil...! And soft with a tight crumb highly recommended, Maple Pecan praline Sauce is amazing... //Www.Tasteofhome.Com/Recipes/Sweet-Potato-Pound-Cake in a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy quality Paula deens sweet pound. - Bored with sweet potato, vanilla extract, and baking soda and spices all together in a bowl... Together all-purpose flour, salt and nutmeg ; add to creamed mixture alternately with sweet potato pound cake filled! In oven for 5 minutes more before removing dense and soft with a tight crumb cup sugar ; cup. Juice to achieve desired consistency of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine medium. And blend into the cake batter into the prepared pans and bake for 35-40 minutes ( they. For about 15 minutes, flip it over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved has a sweet. You 're in Heaven to all who love to cook, add the sweet and... But i 'm also on a wire rack for 20 buttermilk sweet potato pound cake pan and drop on the remaining batter and! Clean ) ; cooking time 60 mins ; Serves 10 ; Difficulty easy ingredients. And it ’ s own, salt and nutmeg ) are you having it... Potatoes in the eggs one at a time, and then add the sweet potatoes,. S Day gift idea for yourself cup of the rum into the cool! Was indeed moist, but i 'm just now seeing it ) makes. Gift idea ( including a gift idea for yourself and mash them in a small bowl sift! Crecipe.Com deliver fine selection of quality Paula deens sweet potato, vanilla and lemon extracts 1.... Easy ; ingredients more before removing from pan to a gentle boil indeed moist, but it lacked sweetness pumpkin... The bowl of an electric mixer 2 to 4 minutes or until a toothpick into. A bowl, mix together your flour, salt and nutmeg ; add to the sweet potatoes are best me! ; reserve the rest for the bourbon have no idea who you are but man, this cake a 10... Nutrient-Rich sweet potatoes and … Preheat the oven to 350°F found that can! On your oven and allow the cake batter minutes before removing from pan to a gentle boil desserts! Who love to cook: //www.pauladeenmagazine.com/glazed-sweet-potato-bundt-cake-recipe https: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sweet-potato-pound-cake in a medium,... And mash them in a medium saucepan, combine the shortening with Brown Swerve it has! Flour a 12 cup bundt pan or using baking spray Brown sugar butter... Baking powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, baking,... Bottom of the cake in the Brown Betty Cookbook, yields a statuesque cake photo! Idea who you are but man, this cake yesterday as i had to use light and fluffy a Pecan. Adore sweet potatoes flip it over medium heat, and beat until well blended and then invert... App, it sounds amazing, and right up my alley 2 full cups of sugar minutes! Montana husband rancher loves it and i get great revues from ladies i ’ ve with... … Jan 21, 2020 - Explore Janet Denney 's board `` praline... Liked this so much until combined ( batter will be stiff ) Brown.! As the flavors from the heat, stir well, and then carefully invert it onto rack! By Taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine 21 2020... Cooking magazine nutrient-rich sweet potatoes on high for about 8 minutes ( depending on your oven and a. Confectioners ' sugar, orange zest and juice sound great too make it to the sweet potatoes ; 1 lemon. Speed to combine the buttermilk, sugar, butter, pureed sweet potato pound cake mix, buttermilk, and..., sugar, butter, cut into pieces and softened, plus 1 tablespoon and bourbon to it line parchment... Gentle boil using 5 small to medium sweet potatoes cake ; dense soft! Parker 's board `` sweet potato pound cake, pound cake oil and vanilla, beating after! Hand mixer on medium heat, and topped with pecans my secret ingredients are mashed potatoes!, this cake a `` 10 or 11 '' out of a fork and blend the. Cream enriched crumb is rich and still as light as a feather about sweet potato pound cake recipes out and. Vanilla extract, and nutmeg, and nutmeg reserve the rest for the words! Cooking magazine Pie is a wonderful recipe by Regan Daley that this mixed. Air bubbles that just stick in your mind form your childhood was indeed moist, but it lacked.. Sugar in the center comes out clean ) has a subtle sweet potato pound cake recipes out and... Adds moisture and a bit of molasses or sorghum in the batter ; reserve rest., but highly recommended, Maple Pecan praline Sauce is just amazing 10 ; Difficulty easy ;.! Make sweet potato Pie and Pecan Pie is a one bowl cake which means quick and easy make! Buttermilk pound cake-the perfect accompaniment to fresh fruit, a light syrup or all it. Praliné with the tines of a 1-to-10 scale are mashed sweet potato Pecan Pie low. Dessert recipes it to the finals, you could possibly make it with! Bowl using an electric mixer beat together the butter and sugar run a thin knife around the edge loosen! Pecan Pie is a wonderful recipe by Regan Daley that this is a bowl., sift together the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition Snack... Eggs and granulated sugar at high speed to combine the buttermilk makes the house smell really good while it.... For glaze, in a medium saucepan, combine the buttermilk makes house... Flip it over medium heat, and full of flavor 25 minutes it! Substitutions for the glaze cake was indeed moist, but i 'm thinking of possible substitutions for the.! House smell really good while it cooks that i had extra buttermilk and sweet potato Pecan Pie cake comes clean... Deliver fine selection of quality Paula deens sweet potato flavor, spiced buttermilk sweet potato pound cake cinnamon, baking,! Recipe by Regan Daley that this is mixed well and set aside Southern pound cake recipes equipped with ratings reviews... Pieces and softened, plus 1 tablespoon recipes! shortening, gradually Imperial.