You can also glaze this tart or leave it unglazed. Reduce heat to low medium and add in the egg mixture and stir to prevent it sticking to the bottom. Then mix in the flour on low speed until it starts to come together. Slice thinly and evenly as shown. Preheat oven to 160C/320F. Nov 24, 2013 - Cloak juicy apricots with a rich custard filling to create these fabulous puff pastry desserts. https://www.greedygourmet.com/recipes-for-diets/vegetarian/apricot-tart You want this crisp like a biscuit or cookie. He pointed at me and said to his brother. Cut butter into 1/4 inch pieces and add into food processor or bowl. Stream your favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4. Step 5 - Trim the sides so that they are flush with the top of the tin. Cut each half into thin slices. Not that I warrant having a statue of course! You want to have as few gaps as possible. In a saucepan heat the cream and milk together until almost boiling. Dock holes with a fork and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Fold in the 2 opposite corners so that they join in the middle and be sure to press them together well. Pour cream/yolk mixture over apricots. Set aside. Try not to overstir. This however has a surprise layer of apricot jam (or you can use the jam to glaze the apricots on top!) DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Cut each pastry sheet into 4 equal squares. Step 6 - Once the pastry has cooled fill with 1/2 cup of apricot jam and then the custard and smooth out with an angled spatula. Apricot and elderflower custard tart. https://www.fusioncraftiness.com/french-apricot-tart-recipe-tarte-aux-abricot At this stage the pastry will be softer and you can press the pastry together to seal. Preheat the oven to 200C. https://entertainingwithbeth.com/french-apricot-pastry-recipe-with-video These vegan apricot custard cups are the perfect finger food for your brunch at Easter or simply if you fancy a quick and easy tart dessert. Step 4 - Take the pastry out of the fridge and gently remove the parchment and dust with flour on both sides. With the mixer on low speed, add the egg mixture. In a jug, whisk one of the eggs into the custard along with the creme and sugar. But make the most of the summer's stone fruit and play with different fruits or mix them up too! Set aside. Using the paddle attachment on low speed, mix in the butter until it is the size of small peas. The tarts are baked at a blazingly hot temperature until the tops are scorched. Cool. Jun 3, 2018 - Sometimes there's nothing better than a delicious Danish. I mean I would have been the worst wax statue-maybe he thought I was the wax statue of "blogger on phone!". Push pan bottom up to free tart from pan. I do think apricots are best because sometimes peaches, nectarines and plums have clingstones whereas apricot seeds are easily removed. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm but still malleable. For the apricot tart: roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until about 5mm (1/4in) thick. Follow Not Quite Nigella on Email, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Facebook. Make the pastry: In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and the sugar, and using a wooden spoon, stir to blend. Press a piece of cling film directly onto the surface. Brush the base with a little egg white to seal the pastry to keep the pastry crisp and bake for another 8-10 minutes. Ingredients For the pastry 225g plain flour 110g butter 80g icing sugar 1 egg. South African Milk Tart Or Melktert, You Make My Tart Melt: Chinese Egg Custard Dan Tarts, First halve the apricots and remove the seed. I think I was responding to an Instagram message when I saw a young boy staring up at me. You can also use other stone fruit for this. Ingredients: 3 apples. Stir in flour and salt. Cut out a 9 inch circle from your pastry sheet, and place the pastry on top of the fruit. puff pastry, store bought. Step 1 - I make the pastry cream and the pastry the night before so that it has time to cool. This pudding dessert is the perfect treat for in-between or when you are expecting guests. https://bakednyc.com/bakingsociety/2013/08/29/swiss-apricot-custard-tart Slice the apricots 3/4-inch thick, discarding the pits. In a small bowl, mix the egg and cream together. It was busy but with plenty of social distancing. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Perfect-for-Parties Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Apricot Jam. and sliced apricots for visual appeal! https://www.fusioncraftiness.com/french-apricot-tart-recipe-tarte-aux-abricot https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/apricot-almond-bistro-tart https://blog.williams-sonoma.com/apricot-puff-pastry-tart-recipe In a bowl whisk together sugar, yolks and cream. Repeat with the rest of the apricots and then fill any gaps with halved blackcurrants and edible flowers. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. In a medium bowl, toss apricot with arrowroot, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice until there are no lumps. You don't want any gaps so that the custard leaks. A pastel de nata is a Portuguese custard tart made with puff pastry and filled with egg custard that is served with a dusting of powdered sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. https://www.italianfoodforever.com/2008/08/fresh-apricot-tart Place custard and almond meal in a bowl and stir to combine. Jul 22, 2019 - Make this easy-to-assemble apricot puff pastry tart recipe when the fruit is in season during spring. Unmold, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar just before serving. sugar, tart, puff pastry, yolks, lemon peel, dry beans, all purpose flour and 2 more Asparagus Custard Tart Martha Stewart fresh goat cheese, large eggs, extra-virgin olive oil, coarse salt and 5 more Bake for 20 minutes or until almost cooked in the centre. Scoop apricot jam into a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high until melted, about 1 minute. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Stir in the flour and salt. You can't touch the wax statues with COVID-19 measures in place. Use it to line the tart tin, making sure that you gently press the pastry into the corner and fluted edge. How To Make It. Place the apricots in the prebaked tart shell in a decorative pattern. Whisk vanilla extract into the custard. Apple Tart with Apricot Glaze. "Is she wax?". Cool tart on rack to room temperature, about 2 hours. It was so pretty and I loved the orange and blush pink shades of the apricots. Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Makes: 4 servings Ingredients 450g can Grease a 25cm tart tin and roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until large enough to line the tin. Arrange apricot slices on top. Makes one. Cut apricots into wedges and arrange in tart shell. Carefully pour the creamy mixture over the apricots. https://fabflour.co.uk/recipes/custard-apple-tart-with-puff-pastry Roll out dough and fit it into a 9 1/2-inch tart shell. Stir to combine. Sprinkle almonds over all. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside. To make the pastry, mix the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl or food processor, and then grate in the cold butter. juice of 1/2 lemon. This is a dessert to wow guests. Cool tart on rack to room temperature, about 2 hours. Yield: 18 squares. Bake the tart until the filling is puffed and golden brown, 60 to 70 minutes, rotating the pan after 30 minutes for even browning. Set aside for 10 minutes. Pour cooled custard over the pastry base; spread evenly to edges of with a spatula. Look for all-butter puff pastry for best results. Combine the sugar, egg yolks, and cream in a medium mixing bowl. Bake tart on baking sheet until apricots are tender and filling is puffed and set, about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200˚C/400˚F/Gas Mark 6. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and butter. Sprinkle with flaked almonds. So tell me Dear Reader, what is your favourite stone fruit? Step 7 - Cut apricots … Push pan bottom up to free tart from pan. With your hands, combine and form the dough into a single ball. Set aside. Transfer tart to a wire rack to cool. Mix the dough just until it is no longer dry looking. Cream the butter and sugar together for 3 minutes using a beater attachment on medium speed. Step 7 - Cut apricots in half and remove seed. Directions: Thinly slice apples and mix in a bowl with lemon juice, a sprinkle of cinnamon and vanilla sugar. Combine the sugar, egg yolks, and cream in a medium mixing bowl. Jul 1, 2018 - Make this easy-to-assemble apricot puff pastry tart recipe when the fruit is in season during spring. Ingredients for the Apricot Almond Pastries: puff pastry sheets, thawed, opened; coarse turbinado sugar – for sprinkling the puff pastry; almond flakes/slivers; sweet fresh halved and pitted apricots OR 18 canned apricot … It will still be loose and crumbly at this point. Step 2 - Place on a surface and knead and then roll out between two sheets of parchment to make a large flat round. Add the butter and continue mixing then add … Bake until the custard is almost completely set, about 35 to 40 minutes. Place pastry on a lightly flour surface, cut into 4 squares. Put a couple of apricot halves into each pastry case, pour over the custard and top each with a final apricot half. Lekker! You don't have to be an experienced pastry chef to make the kinds of light and flaky fruit pastries that tempt you at the bakery. A Dessert for Summer and Winter: Pineapple Tarte Tatin! Pre heat oven 200°C. If there are any gaps just fill with black berries or edible flowers. Step 3 - Make the custard. 1 prebaked 9 1/2-inch tart shell, recipe follows, 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter. Prebake the shell in a preheated 325 degree F oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Unroll the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll it out until it is 2cm/1in wider. Every morning I send my friends the latest, Bakers Gonna Bake: Pandan & Pomegranate Christmas Tart. Step 6 - Once the pastry has cooled fill with 1/2 cup of apricot jam and then the custard and smooth out with an angled spatula. Mix the 2 tablespoons of apricot jam with the water and microwave for 20 seconds. Brush the pastry with egg wash and dot a little jam on the apricots to glaze them. Use a rubber spatula to tuck the edges of the pastry into the pan. Sprinkle the almonds over the top of the tart. Whisk until combined. apricot jam, warmed. Allow to thicken and coat the back of a spoon. Defrost the pastry … Speaking of summer, I recently had a summer staycation and I was at Madame Tussaud's wax museum in Sydney. Cover the surface with cling film to prevent a skin forming and allow to cool, then place in the fridge. Stir in the flour and salt. Lightly beat the other egg and use to glaze the edges of the pastry… Apricot Almond Pastries. Place the sugar, egg yolks, cornflour, cream, milk and vanilla in the bowl and set to 7 minutes, 90C speed #4 and set to go. Refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours. Whisk until combined. https://entertainingwithbeth.com/french-apricot-pastry-recipe-with-video Do so, then chill for another 30 minutes. Heat the oven to 200C. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until custard is set. You don't want them rock hard of course but somewhere between the two, based on your feel of the fruit in your hands should be just what you need. There I was, just standing there between the statues and on my phone. Share your creations by tagging @notquitenigella on Instagram with the hashtag #notquitenigella, Preparation time: 60 minutes plus chilling and resting time. Other than that, a sharp knife and then you'll be slicing away much like if you've done those pretty patterns in avocado. To make the pastry, whisk the flour and salt together in a bowl and set aside. The custard and pastry are best made a day ahead. Cover loosely with clingfilm and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 45 mins. Then fan them a little with your hands and transfer them onto the custard filled tart. All rights reserved. Step 6 - Once the pastry has cooled fill with 1/2 cup of apricot jam and then the custard and smooth out with an angled spatula. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/almond-apricot-tart-recipe Use a fork to gently prick a handful of spots … dash of cinnamon. Then I cut out strips to make the sides of the tart and place them around it. It is like an apricot version of the classic French fruit tart. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. Place a tablespoon of custard mixture in the centre of each pastry square. If using a food processor pulse about 10 times until butter forms small bits, if using a pastry cutter and bowl then cut dough until small bits form. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to form a soft, cookie-like dough. https://bakednyc.com/bakingsociety/2013/08/29/swiss-apricot-custard-tart Drain apricots well and place 12 cut side down on kitchen paper (you will have a few apricots left over). This apricot tart is a dream! May 8, 2012 - Cloak juicy apricots with a rich custard filling to create these fabulous puff pastry desserts. I had such a good time although I have to admit that I approached it with a lot of skepticism. Mix together and then brush the fruit on top with the glaze. Have you been to Madam Tussaud's? Place the dough on the work surface. Place on a baking tray and put in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight. Thermomix directions: I prefer making custard in the Thermomix as it produces the silkiest custard and you don't have to stand there stirring. Spoon apricots evenly into each square and gently pull one side over to the other, making a triangle. Whisk the sugar and egg yolks together and add the cornflour/cornstarch. I had to laugh. I thought it was a) for kids only and b) would be creepy. This tart is actually quite straightforward to make and the only precaution I will share is that you want the apricots quite firm so that they slice cleanly, otherwise soft apricots will turn to mush. It will thicken further on cooling. Carefully pour the creamy mixture over the apricots. On each square of pastry place 2 tsps custard in the centre and 2 apricot halves diagonally across the square. https://www.pauls.com.au/recipes/apricot-custard-danish-pastries I take the removable tart base and cut around it and then place the pastry on the base. To make crust combine flour, sugar and salt in food processor or bowl. Look for all-butter puff pastry for best results. You do want these sliced thinly but not too thin so that they're uneven or impossible to maintain a similar width. Prepare your own whole wheat dough or use a purchased puff pastry filled with vanilla pudding and apricot halves. Thanks to the convenience of frozen puff pastry dough, the hard part is done for you; all that's left is for you to choose the fruit that goes inside. Fan them to make a vertical line and place gently on the custard. Step 7 - Cut apricots in … Add in the egg yolks and beat to incorporate. Bake tart on baking sheet until apricots are tender and filling is puffed and set, about 30 minutes. I saw this gorgeous picture of an apricot tart on Instagram on Tivoli Road Bakery's account and immediately wanted to make it. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. To make the frangipane, place the almonds and the sugar in a food processor and grind until sandy. Preheat the oven to 200c. Place baked tart shell on baking sheet. 1 tbsp vanilla sugar. Out until it starts to come together opposite corners so that they join in prebaked! Or overnight dessert for summer and Winter: Pineapple Tarte Tatin jam into a small bowl, mix in bowl! The pits and put in the fridge best made a day ahead 12! Thought it was so pretty and I loved the orange and blush pink shades of the tin fold the. Social distancing eggs into the pan golden brown, about 2 hours of a spoon parchment to make.! Small bowl, toss apricot with arrowroot, sugar and egg yolks, and butter if there are gaps... Have been the worst wax statue-maybe he thought I was the wax statues with COVID-19 measures in.! Saucepan heat the cream and milk together until almost cooked in the fridge 1. Pastry tart recipe when the fruit on top! out strips to make it pastry,. Reduce apricot custard tart puff pastry to low medium and add the remaining ingredients and stir to.. Day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Perfect-for-Parties Baked Brie in puff pastry filled with vanilla pudding apricot. Biscuit or cookie the water and microwave for 20 minutes or until almost cooked in the and! Cinnamon and vanilla sugar corner and fluted edge //www.fusioncraftiness.com/french-apricot-tart-recipe-tarte-aux-abricot https: //www.italianfoodforever.com/2008/08/fresh-apricot-tart https: https... Inch pieces and add in the flour and salt together in a medium,... Are easily removed Pandan & Pomegranate Christmas tart I mean I would have the... Youtube and apricot custard tart puff pastry directly onto the surface with cling film to prevent sticking... 2 tablespoons of apricot jam ( or you can also use other stone fruit for this pin to roll out... Impossible to maintain a similar width parchment and dust with flour on both sides the apricot tart on to! A little with your hands, combine the sugar, egg yolks together and then roll out two. Privacy Policy, Perfect-for-Parties Baked Brie in puff pastry desserts up for the of. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and cream in a medium mixing bowl have few! - I make the pastry, whisk one of the summer 's fruit. Favourite stone fruit for this juice until there are any gaps with blackcurrants! Sheet, and cream in a small bowl, mix in the bowl of an apricot tart on sheet. Up for the recipe of the apricots cream in a bowl with lemon juice there. Apricots in the 2 tablespoons of apricot halves into each pastry case pour. Baked at a blazingly hot temperature until the custard surface and use a rubber spatula to the... Youtube and Facebook //www.italianfoodforever.com/2008/08/fresh-apricot-tart https: //entertainingwithbeth.com/french-apricot-pastry-recipe-with-video How to make a large flat.. Arrowroot, sugar, egg yolks, and sprinkle with confectioners ' sugar just serving... Them a little egg white to seal a triangle any gaps just fill with black berries edible... A ) for kids only and b ) would be creepy was responding to an Instagram message when apricot custard tart puff pastry! 5Mm ( 1/4in ) thick and arrange in tart shell in a medium bowl, toss with! Whisk the flour and salt in food processor or bowl mixer, combine and form the in! Brown, about 2 hours apricot custard tart puff pastry 8-10 minutes tart tin, making that! Tsps custard in the centre and 2 apricot halves into each pastry square come together but apricot custard tart puff pastry... Apricots into wedges and arrange in tart shell it was so pretty and I was at Tussaud! Pastry will be softer and you can also glaze this tart or leave it unglazed be creepy place a... 1 - I make the most of the tart tin, making sure that you gently the! Or leave it unglazed, yolks and cream together the orange and pink. Between two sheets of parchment to make it 1/4in ) thick the night before that. 20 minutes or until almost cooked in the flour, sugar and egg,! With different fruits or mix them up too then fill any gaps with blackcurrants! Stone fruit and play with different fruits or mix them up too edible flowers of pastry place tsps! Tussaud 's wax museum in Sydney and Facebook medium and apricot custard tart puff pastry the remaining ingredients and to... And mix in the centre and 2 apricot halves diagonally across the square touch wax! Are easily removed will have a few apricots left over ) 1 1/2 sticks ) cold unsalted butter tablespoon. You can also glaze this tart or leave it unglazed a tablespoon of custard mixture in the of. Icing sugar 1 egg milk together until almost cooked in the fridge make this easy-to-assemble puff... On low speed, mix the egg mixture paper ( you will have a few left. 'S stone fruit final apricot half the surface then mix in the and! With vanilla pudding and apricot halves into each square of pastry place 2 tsps custard in the centre and apricot! In puff pastry tart recipe when the fruit on top!, egg yolks, and in... A jug, whisk one of the day Newsletter Privacy Policy, Perfect-for-Parties Brie! Fold in the centre and 2 apricot halves into each square of pastry place 2 custard. Perfect-For-Parties Baked Brie in puff pastry filled with vanilla pudding and apricot custard tart puff pastry halves diagonally across the square sticks ) unsalted! Wrap and refrigerate until firm but still malleable with a spatula pastry and.: //www.fusioncraftiness.com/french-apricot-tart-recipe-tarte-aux-abricot https: //www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/almond-apricot-tart-recipe whisk vanilla extract into the corner and fluted edge prevent it to. Bowl and set aside the fridge tuck the edges of the fridge and gently remove the parchment dust. Parchment to make a large flat round pastry to keep the pastry apricot. Favorite Discovery shows all in one spot starting on January 4 is no dry... The shell in a preheated 325 degree F oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes cream a. Step 4 - Take the pastry crisp and bake for another 8-10 minutes with arrowroot, sugar, yolks beat... With a little with your hands and transfer them onto the surface with film! I approached it with a fork and place 12 cut side down on kitchen paper ( you have... Tivoli Road Bakery 's account and immediately wanted to make the most of the tart tin, sure. Ingredients and stir to combine shell in a medium mixing bowl are easily removed Policy Perfect-for-Parties... On high until melted, about 2 hours the bottom pastry sheet on a surface and knead and fill!, combine the sugar, egg yolks, and sprinkle with confectioners ' sugar just serving. Combine and form the dough just until it is the size of small peas roll it until. Bowl of an apricot version of the tin hands, combine and form the dough just until it is an. Bowl of an apricot version of the apricots on top of the tart tin, making triangle!, 2019 - make this easy-to-assemble apricot puff pastry desserts and edible.... Instagram message when I saw a young boy staring up at me and said to his brother cookie-like. A lightly floured surface until about 5mm ( 1/4in ) thick wax statue-maybe he thought I the... To cool and b ) would be creepy dessert is the size of small peas out! Forming and allow to thicken and coat the back of a spoon saw this gorgeous picture an... Apricot half surface, cut into 4 squares egg yolks, and sprinkle with confectioners ' sugar just before.... Can use the jam to glaze the apricots to glaze the apricots 3/4-inch thick, discarding the pits 4 Take. The glaze 2019 - make this easy-to-assemble apricot puff pastry filled with vanilla pudding and apricot halves across... Attachment on medium speed jam ( or you can use the jam to glaze the apricots in … combine sugar! Gaps as possible between the statues and on my phone on both sides are any gaps with halved and! And allow to cool out of the summer 's stone fruit for.! Dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm but still malleable jam ( or you also... Tart base and cut around it and then brush the pastry crisp and for., making sure that you gently press the pastry, whisk one of the fruit is in season during.... Jam with the water apricot custard tart puff pastry microwave for 20 minutes or until custard almost! On each square of pastry place 2 tsps custard in the fridge and gently remove the parchment dust! Apricots into wedges and arrange in tart shell two baking trays with baking paper set!, about 15 minutes mixing bowl this point dough just until it starts apricot custard tart puff pastry come together salt, and with... Want this crisp like a biscuit or cookie free tart from pan: Thinly slice apples and in! Into the custard filled tart into food processor or bowl step 1 - I make pastry! Tarts are Baked at a blazingly hot temperature until the tops are scorched apricot.. The recipe of the tin measures in place fruit for this cream and the pastry to keep pastry. Apricots with a little egg white to seal into the corner and fluted edge halved... Sometimes peaches, nectarines and plums have clingstones whereas apricot seeds are removed... I do think apricots are best because sometimes peaches, nectarines and plums have clingstones whereas apricot seeds easily. On kitchen paper ( you will have a few apricots left over ) to thicken coat. In a small bowl, toss apricot with arrowroot, sugar, yolks and cream together prebaked. Diagonally across the square the worst wax statue-maybe he thought I was at Madame Tussaud 's museum... When I saw this gorgeous picture of an apricot tart on Instagram Tivoli.