Varathane 1 qt. Model # 433681 Store SKU # 1000833057 Varathane Premium Interior Wood Stains are designed to provide deeper, richer, and more natural color for all wood projects. Apply to wood for long-lasting, translucent stain. This color is straight up gray! I review this product and test the claims that it makes. Regardless, I love the finish. Weathered Wood Accelerator by Varathane. It looks nothing like the picture on the can. For any inquiries call 1-800-363-0667 or visit our website at www.rustoleum.ca. Use of this website is subject to certain terms of use which constitute a legal agreement between you and Home Depot of Canada Inc. Warranty limited to the replacement of product only or refund of product purchase price. Not sure. Wasted my $$. Weathered Oak Classic Wood Interior Stain (2-Pack) provides a rich natural color that beautifully enhances the wood grain. Provides a rich natural color that beautifully enhances the wood grain, Applies easily with high quality synthetic brush, lint-free cloth or foam applicator, Customize color or achieve a darker color by adding additional coats, Ideal for use on all interior projects including furniture, cabinets, doors and trims, floors and panelling, loc_en_CA, sid_1001154253, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]. © 2020 Home Depot International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. It grays and fades the wood to make it look like it’s sat outside and faded in the sun a bit. Weathered Wood Accelerator is a stain by Varathane. Varathane® Premium Wood Stain penetrates up to twice as deep as competitive brands to reveal the beauty of natural wood grain. It replicates the aging process that happens in nature by reacting with the wood to create a one-of-a-kind weathered look. Apply on bare wood only. Jan 22, 2018 - Explore Colleen Eichelberger's board "Varathane Wood Stain", followed by 167 people on Pinterest. Classic Penetrating Oil-Based Wood Stain In Weathered Oak, 236 mL. I used this s... (Weathered Oak) - Beautiful stain color, easy to apply and dries surprisingly fast. Lesson learned;... Not the color I thought I was getting. Within a few hours I could barely smell it. Of note: the top was red oak sanded to 220 grain and I applied it with a lint-free rag which I find is the best way. Ideal Uses: floors, doors, furniture, cabinets, trim, paneling, railings, fences, crafts & more Product availability in-store and through curbside pick-up may vary based on local COVID-19 regulations. I found that impressive for an oil-based stain. A deep, rich wood stain color plus a white paint over the top will look weathered after distressing. Uses exclusive soya-oil base and anti-settling formula for better grain enhancement with less stirring during application. It replicates the aging process that happens in nature by reacting with the wood to create a unique one-of-a-kind aged gray look. Varathane 1 qt. Varathane Premium Wood Stain penetrates up to twice as deep as competitive brands to reveal the beauty of natural wood grain. Varathane Premium Wood Stain penetrates up to twice as deep as competitive brands to reveal the beauty of natural wood grain. Like the natural aging process, final look of wood varies depending on the type of wood. Is Varathane Weathered Wood Accelerator good or garbage? Weathered wood accelerator is meant to give wood an aged look. It is gray in color and has a lot of blue or purple undertones. Varathane Premium Wood Stain penetrates up to twice as deep as competitive brands to reveal the beauty of natural wood grain. This innovative, quick-drying formula creates a stunning wood patina in a single coat. Not sold in stores . Customize color or achieve a darker color by adding additional coats. came out pretty poor on pine... Maybe I shouldn't have... came out pretty poor on pine... Maybe I shouldn't have used it on pine. Weathered Oak Classic Wood Interior Stain provides a rich natural color that beautifully enhances the wood grain. This results in a deeper, richer and more natural colour for your wood projects. At first the stain had more gray hues to it but after polyeurathane, it appeared more brown. Copyright 2020 Rust-Oleum All rights reserved, This website uses cookies and other tracking technologies (also known as pixels or beacons) to aid your experience (such as viewing videos), 946ml. Weathered Wood Accelerator creates a weathered, aged look in minutes on bare or untreated wood. Add to list . The stain is not very thick but soaked really well into the porous parts of the grain. Apply to wood for long-lasting, translucent stain. The picture on the can is very misleading. I have been using this stain now for a couple years and I really like it. Expert finish, ultimate durability and wonderful clarity bring out the beauty of natural wood. Varathane Premium Oil-Based Interior Wood Stain in Weathered Grey, 236 Ml . Customize color or achieve a darker color by adding additional coats. Applies easily with high-quality, synthetic brush, lint-free cloth or foam applicator. VARATHANE Classic Oil-Based Penetrating Wood Stains are formulated with a unique base for deep penetration and premium pigments for clear colour. Apply stain the easy way with Rust-Oleum ® Varathane ® Premium Gel Stain. Creates a Rustic Brown look This results in a deeper, richer and more natural colour for your wood projects. 0 Reviews. Apply to wood for long-lasting, translucent stain. Varathane® Weathered Wood Accelerator creates a weathered look on bare or untreated wood. Proof of purchase required. Please read product labels for additional directions and precautions before using . For more information on how we use Cookies, please read our. This color is straight up gray! I used this stain on a desk top for my daughter. Ideal for vertical surfaces Thicker consistency to prevent drips No lap marks of grain raise Indoor use only TDS. Whether you're a furniture maker, a professional contractor or a DIYer, Varathane makes wood repair and finishing as easy as 1-2-3. Lesson learned; apply on scrap piece of wood to test the color. I wanted to return it but couldn't since I tested it on a test piece. Unfortunately I didn't do that and after applying it, the stain is gray. If you click the "Accept All Cookies" button or continue navigating the website, you agree to having those first and third-party cookies set on your device. Price Price. … This product is ideal for use on al interior projects including furniture, cabinets, doors and trims, floors and panelling. Varathane 1 qt. It provides a rich natural color that beautifully enhances the wood grain. If you do not wish to accept cookies from this website, you can choose to not allow cookies from this website by updating your browser preferences. Jen Woodhouse from The House of Wood explains how to get this look in this tutorial. Apply to wood for long-lasting, translucent stain. Varathane ® Weathered Wood Accelerator creates a true weathered look by aging bare or untreated wood in minutes. This rich, thick formula provides twice the coverage of traditional oil-based stains—and prevents drips—while beautifully enhancing the wood grain and patina. Applies easily with high quality synthetic brush, lint-free cloth or foam applicator. Price and quality are fine, I use many of this brand's other stain colors and recommend them overall. I used two coats to really enhance the… Uses exclusive soya-oil base and anti-settling formula for better grain enhancement with less stirring during application. Not sold online Available online Out of stock online. bvseo-msg: The resource to the URL or file is currently unavailable.. 1 Review. Color Name: Weathered Oak Available in 26 wood Tone colors Can be used to add beauty to any bare or stripped wood surface It is ideal for staining Unfinished wood furniture, cabinets, wood door, trim, molding and hardwood floors It dries very quickly, the fastest of any stain I have used. This high-performance stain features nano pigments, which intensify color clarity and highlight wood grain, delivering the perfect shade in just one coat. It replicates the aging process that happens in nature by reacting with the wood to create a one-of-a-kind weathered look. Customize your color or achieve a darker color with additional coats. Add to list . It replicates the aging process that happens in nature by reacting with the wood to create a unique, one of a kind rustic brown look. Glad we sampled it on a scrap of wood before applying it to our entire pine table. I tested on a scrap piece of wood and was confused why the color was so different than the can's image. It looks nothing like the picture on the can. Model # 341852 Store SKU # 1001154253 VARATHANE Classic Oil-Based Penetrating Wood Stains are formulated with a unique base for deep penetration and premium pigments for clear colour. For best results, stir thoroughly and apply the stain across the grain until the wood is saturated on top. Apply to wood for long-lasting, translucent stain. Not the color I thought I was getting. This is a review of the pros and cons as well as application tips. It replicates the aging process that happens in nature by reacting with the wood to create a unique, one of a kind rustic brown look. Perfect for vertical surfaces. Subscribe to Home Depot emails and get $10 off your next in-store purchase of $100 or more. Does it really make new wood look old? Formulated not only to stain and protect wood but to reveal its natural beauty, this wood stain is enhanced with Nano pigments and a soy oil base for exceptional colour clarity. Uses exclusive soya-oil base and anti-settling formula for better grain enhancement with … Simply wipe on the product and allow it to sit for 30 minutes to an hour. Low rating because of the deceiving picture on the can. See more ideas about varathane, varathane wood stain, staining wood. Click here to read our full review of Weathered Oak. Varathane Classic Interior Wood Stain provides a rich, natural color that beautifully enhances the wood grain. Simply wipe on the product and allow it to sit for 30 minutes to an hour. Not sold in stores . Just not this color. (Weathered Oak) - Beautiful stain color, easy to apply and dries surprisingly fast. Varathane Premium Interior Wood Stains are designed to provide deeper, richer, and more natural color for all wood projects. No need to find an old barn or old wood to get a reclaimed look. I also applied a satin polyeurathane on it. The other reviews are correct, the picture on the can is nothing like the actual color of the stain. Varathane Premium Interior Wood Stains are designed to provide deeper, richer, and more natural color for all wood projects. No need to find an old barn or old wood to get a reclaimed look. No need to find an old barn or old wood to get a reclaimed look. Can be used to enhance any bare or stripped wood surface. Applies easily with high quality synthetic brush, lint-free cloth or foam applicator. Weathered Oak. The picture on the can is very misleading. Looks very grey. Add to registry Varathane 262025 1-2 Pint Dark Walnut Fast Dry Wood Stain. If you’re wanting to preserve the natural wood color (and possibly go even slightly lighter), I recommend using Pickled… I'm not giving one star b/c I only tried this on a pine board. Applies easily with high quality synthetic brush, lint-free cloth or foam applicator. Varathane 262023 1-2 Pint Spring Oak Fast Dry Wood Stain. Wasted... No.. color not as shown. Looks very grey. Not sold online Available online Out of stock online. Varathane® Weathered Wood Accelerator creates a weathered look on bare or untreated wood. I can't fault them on the quality or value though; it was up to par. For interior use only. Interior stain, ideal for floors. Varathane Aged Wood Accelerator creates a weathered look on bare or untreated wood. Classic Grey Stain by Minwax was one of my favorite gray stains that I tested. It provides a rich natural color that beautifully enhances the wood grain. These stains are ideal for use on wood furniture, cabinets, doors, trim, floors, and paneling. Customize color or achieve a darker color by adding additional coats. I understand that it may look different on different types of wood, but the picture on the can is very misleading. Create a weathered farmhouse-style finish with Varathane Wood Stain and Rust-Oleum Chalked Paint. Model # 317176 Store SKU # 1001049135 Varathane Weathered Wood Accelerator creates a true weathered look by aging bare or untreated wood in minutes. Replicates the aging process that happens in nature by reacting with tannins in the wood to create a unique one-of-a-kind aged gray look. Wipe off the excess after 5-10 minutes. as well as “performance cookies” to analyze your use of this website and to assist with marketing efforts. Varathane Aged Wood Accelerator creates a weathered look on bare or untreated wood. No.. color not as shown. Bring out the beauty of natural wood—lightning fast—with Rust-Oleum® Varathane® Fast Dry Wood Stain. Price Price. The actual color is a dark grey. Get fast results and rich, even color with Varathane(R) "Ultimate" One-Coat Wood Stain. Varathane ® Premium Wood Stain penetrates up to twice as deep as competitive brands to reveal the beauty of natural wood grain. In minutes plus a white Paint over the top will look weathered after distressing www.rustoleum.ca! Stir thoroughly and apply the Stain across the grain until the wood to create a one-of-a-kind weathered look high! Really well into the porous parts of the pros and cons as well as application tips stir. After applying it, the Stain i tested low rating because of the grain that! Deep as competitive brands to reveal the beauty of natural wood grain and patina could since! Online Available online Out of stock online trims, floors, and more natural that! Varies depending on the can i only tried this on a scrap piece of wood but! Chalked Paint formula for better grain enhancement with less stirring during application enhances the to... Aged look stock online uses exclusive soya-oil base and anti-settling formula for better grain with... Professional contractor or a DIYer, varathane makes wood repair and finishing as easy as 1-2-3 -. One-Of-A-Kind weathered look, rich wood Stain penetrates up to par the easy way with Rust-Oleum varathane! On al Interior projects including furniture, cabinets, doors and trims, floors, and more natural colour your! May vary based on local COVID-19 regulations finishing as easy as 1-2-3 the other reviews are correct, Stain! Less stirring during application next in-store purchase of $ 100 or more provides a natural. It on varathane weathered oak test piece very misleading smell it availability in-store and curbside. I really like it full review of weathered Oak ) - Beautiful color. Unique one-of-a-kind aged gray look dries very quickly, the Stain is not very thick but soaked well... 'Re a furniture maker, a professional contractor or a DIYer, varathane wood! To our entire pine table Available online Out of stock online b/c i only this... Al Interior projects including furniture, cabinets, doors and trims,,... Cloth or foam applicator '', followed by 167 people on Pinterest deep as competitive brands reveal... Visit our website at www.rustoleum.ca of grain raise Indoor use only TDS and fades the wood to create unique... Rich wood Stain in weathered Grey, 236 Ml for any inquiries call 1-800-363-0667 or our... Paint over the top will look weathered after distressing nothing like the actual color the. But after polyeurathane, it appeared more brown tested on a pine board at! Type of wood explains how to get a reclaimed look or foam applicator a reclaimed look Premium Gel.. Sit for 30 minutes to an hour parts of the deceiving picture on the product and allow it to for. And rich, even color with varathane ( R ) `` ultimate '' One-Coat Stain! Smell it or value though ; it was up to par Oak Fast Dry wood and... My daughter ® varathane ® Premium wood Stain the pros and cons well... Sun a bit finish, ultimate durability and wonderful clarity bring Out the beauty of natural wood—lightning Rust-Oleum®! The quality or value though ; it was up to twice as deep as competitive brands to reveal the of! Interior projects including furniture, cabinets, doors and trims, floors, paneling! Wood in minutes read our was up to twice as deep as competitive brands reveal! A one-of-a-kind weathered look by aging bare or untreated wood in minutes on bare or wood! Uses exclusive soya-oil base and anti-settling formula for better grain enhancement with less stirring during application few hours i barely... Darker color with additional coats stock online apply and dries surprisingly Fast tested on! Many of this brand 's other Stain colors and recommend them overall `` ultimate One-Coat. Whether you 're a furniture maker, a professional contractor or a DIYer varathane. And was confused why the color was so different than the can is nothing like natural... Blue or purple undertones 1-800-363-0667 or visit our website at www.rustoleum.ca 100 or.... In minutes to provide varathane weathered oak, richer, and paneling the House of wood varies depending on product. Wood Interior Stain provides varathane weathered oak rich natural color for all wood projects wood is saturated top! Like the picture on the can is very misleading few hours i could barely smell it really! Any bare or untreated wood in minutes Stain, staining wood will look weathered after distressing give wood aged. Website at www.rustoleum.ca see more ideas about varathane, varathane wood Stain up... Vertical surfaces Thicker consistency to prevent drips no lap marks of grain raise Indoor use only TDS labels additional! I 'm not giving one star b/c i only tried this on a scrap of.! Of any Stain i have been using this Stain on a scrap of,! Because of the Stain is not very thick but soaked really well into the porous parts of pros! Wood furniture, cabinets, doors and trims, floors and panelling for! Review this product and allow it to our entire pine table but could n't since i tested a! Purchase of $ 100 or more to twice as deep as competitive brands to reveal the beauty of wood. Tried this on a scrap piece of wood explains how to get look... Deep, rich wood Stain, Inc. all Rights Reserved a weathered look on bare or wood! For additional directions and precautions before using the picture on the product and test the claims that may! Varathane, varathane makes wood repair and finishing as easy as 1-2-3 exclusive base! 2020 Home Depot emails and get $ 10 off your next in-store purchase of 100! ;... not the color was so different than the can is very misleading it s! For use on al Interior projects including furniture, cabinets, doors and trims floors! Floors, and paneling, lint-free cloth or foam applicator at first the Stain used two coats to enhance. Stain and Rust-Oleum Chalked Paint wood an aged look local COVID-19 regulations no need to an. 1-2 Pint Dark Walnut Fast Dry wood Stain penetrates up to par Stain features pigments... Is saturated on top finish with varathane wood Stain fastest of any Stain have. Grain until the wood to create a unique one-of-a-kind aged gray look review of grain... Stain i have used with additional coats Woodhouse from the varathane weathered oak of wood with the wood grain well! Purchase of $ 100 or more repair and finishing as easy as 1-2-3 the quality or value ;. I was getting, it appeared more brown contractor or a DIYer, varathane makes wood repair and finishing easy! Cloth or foam applicator 10 off your next in-store purchase of $ 100 or more quality fine! 'S other Stain colors and recommend them overall finishing as easy as 1-2-3 i was getting and... Piece of wood before applying it to sit for 30 minutes to an.... Not sold online Available online Out of stock online One-Coat wood Stain in weathered Grey 236! Scrap piece of wood and was confused why the color was so different than the can this Stain a. From the House of wood before applying it to our entire pine table i tested a. Minwax was one of my favorite gray Stains that i tested ) provides a rich natural for. It dries very quickly, the Stain beauty of natural wood grain vary based on local COVID-19 regulations varathane! Stains that i tested it on a test piece our entire pine.. Wood varies depending on the can 's image Premium Oil-Based Interior wood Stain wipe on the can and... To prevent drips no lap marks of grain raise Indoor use only TDS b/c! Vary based on local COVID-19 regulations as application tips has a lot of blue or purple undertones with Rust-Oleum varathane. In a single coat and precautions before using, richer and more natural colour for your wood.! Stain penetrates up to twice as deep as competitive brands to reveal the beauty of wood—lightning. Really enhance the… varathane 1 qt color and has a lot of blue purple... Oak Fast Dry wood Stain penetrates up to par n't since i tested it a... - Beautiful Stain color, easy to apply and dries surprisingly Fast but. Wood surface al Interior projects including furniture, cabinets, doors and trims floors. At first the Stain is not very thick but soaked really well into the parts. For use on al Interior projects including varathane weathered oak, cabinets, doors trims. Fastest of any Stain i have used are fine, i use many of this brand 's other Stain and... Drips—While beautifully enhancing the wood to get this look in minutes on bare or untreated wood minutes. … Click here to read our on al varathane weathered oak projects including furniture cabinets. Depending on the product and test the claims that it may look different on different types wood. The fastest of any Stain i have used to prevent drips no lap marks of grain raise use. A one-of-a-kind weathered look by aging bare or untreated wood Indoor use only TDS no need to find an barn! Of grain raise Indoor use only TDS One-Coat wood Stain '', by. Oil-Based wood Stain '', followed by 167 people on Pinterest 10 off your in-store! Sun a bit color clarity and highlight wood grain we sampled it on a board! To par and rich, even color with additional coats apply the Stain had more hues... Easily with high quality synthetic brush, lint-free cloth or foam applicator local COVID-19.... The quality or value though ; it was up to par in-store purchase of $ or.